1.    #1  
    Just saw that AvantGO was part of the Visor Software incompatibility list on this site...

Is this true? AvantGo is one of the programs I'm most interested in. I was planning on purchasing a Visor, but would like to know whether or not I can use AvantGo wtihouth any hassles. thanks
    I have been using Avantgo for the last couple of months and have had no problems running this application on my visor. Where did you see this information?
    Works fine on mine! No problems. Been using it for several months.
    I've been using it on my Visor since it came out with zero problems.
    I did have one problem with AvantGo once. Hmmm...does that make sense. Oh well.

Due to some sort of glich in the conduit (older version as well). Nothing would sync properly and some items would cause a fatal exception error. It was fixed by reseting the settings on the AvantGo page to have the Visor flush the channel list...

Anyway, only happend once with Version 3.1. Never with 3.3.

So, I don't see any problems with AvantGo.

Carl

------------------
    Carl Lee
    Hi! My name is Carl and I'm a Visorholic.
  6. mc9
    I have never had any real problems with AvantGo either. A few times the Visor stopped syncing during the AvantGo content downloading process, but I am sure that some Hack caused the problem.
    AvantGo definitely is a must-have app for the Visor!!!

Works for me!
    It's one of the main peices of software that I use with the visor, must be a mistake on the incompatibility page.
    BEN
    Hey, this may be a little off subject for this discussion right here, and there may be another thread somewhere else to discuss it, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know how to make it so you can download sited larger than 200k through AvantGo? Or is it choked off at that point by the company?
    Originally posted by Argyll:
    Does anyone know how to make it so you can download sited larger than 200k through AvantGo? Or is it choked off at that point by the company?
    Open up the AvantGo web site and edit your channels. If you click on the channel it will bring up the channel properties. By default the channel is limited to 200K. You can change that, as well when to refresh how often that it updates.

Hope that helps.

Carl

------------------
    Carl Lee
    Hi! My name is Carl and I'm a Visorholic.
    It is cut off at that point. The onion won't entirely load on some larger pages. That is the limit per page, not per channel. Avantgo also has a 2mb limit for content, but you can get around that by signing up for multiple accounts.