Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    like the functionality of my 650, but it does have some major problems that make me wonder why I shelled out $600 for a phone/pda with a number of issues, including, but not limited to, the following:
    1) Bluetooth capability that doesn't work flawlessly with a single bluetooth headset.
    2) Sound quality problems.
    3) Issues with soft resets and freezing, etc.

Just wondering how long we should all wait until filing the class action for having spent $600 for the 650, a constant stream of money upgrading our network plans, and even more money going through temporary and permanent accesories like a wired headset until PalmOne fixes its bluetooth problems, etc. I know that I was willing to pay what they were asking for a 650 because of all of its features. I certainly wasn't willing to pay $600 for a 650 when major features don't work. While I like my 650 in many respects, I do feel that PalmOne mislead the consumers on this one and ought to fix these problems soon. Perhaps, us consumers will have to take action if PalmOne continues to drag its feet on resolving these essential problems. How long should we wait until taking action?
    gotta love the United States....a happy-go-sue-able country...
    geez...you guys must be having a ball of a time sueing everyone
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    like the functionality of my 650, but it does have some major problems that make me wonder why I shelled out $600 for a phone/pda with a number of issues, including, but not limited to, the following:
    1) Bluetooth capability that doesn't work flawlessly with a single bluetooth headset.

Just wondering how long we should all wait until filing the class action for having spent $600 for the 650, a constant stream of money upgrading our network plans, and even more money going through temporary and permanent accesories like a wired headset until PalmOne fixes its bluetooth problems, etc. I know that I was willing to pay what they were asking for a 650 because of all of its features. I certainly wasn't willing to pay $600 for a 650 when major features don't work. While I like my 650 in many respects, I do feel that PalmOne mislead the consumers on this one and ought to fix these problems soon. Perhaps, us consumers will have to take action if PalmOne continues to drag its feet on resolving these essential problems. How long should we wait until taking action?
    You have ABSOLUTELY no case in so many ways. Please open up a book on lawsuits or go to a lawyer who deals with class action lawsuits.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!

one more thing, if you THINK that treo 650 is FLAWED, easy, don't buy the FRICKING phone!!!! palmOne is NOT forcing you in any way to buy their phone.
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Call some lawyers. I tried to open one with Treo 600. A few lawyers were interested but later declined to take it on. At that time there was a case. And as for the other ignorant comments, you try going through 12 Treo 300, 13 Treo 600 & 4 Treo 650 replaced under warranty & see how you feel about beeing "sue happy". Especially when Sprint PCS knowingly had a bad "batch" of Treo 600 out but did nothing to recall them or even tell the comsumers. HORRIBLE ethics...
    (1) Are you using the Jabra bluetooth headset that Palmone sells? Other compatible bluetooth devices are listed at:
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/bl...atibility.html

(2) I thought there was a patch that addressed this issue for those who were affected.

(3) Have you added any 3rd party software?

P.S. One treo 270, one treo 600, no treo 650 (yet).... and I use it all the time, every day, and install and test quite a bit of beta software (..so I DO expect to get resets)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    You have ABSOLUTELY no case in so many ways. Please open up a book on lawsuits or go to a lawyer who deals with class action lawsuits.
    So if I bought a car that is tauted to drive reliably, but instead has a defective engine.... consumers can't sue for working engines if the car company refuses to fix the problem?

H'mmm looks like people have had a case in the past were PalmOne has failed to deliver on major issues or caused the consumer to spend more money because of problems caused by a PalmOne product...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/12...synchro_class/

http://www.palminfocentre.com/view_story.asp?ID=7187

In any event, I'm not saying we should run out and sue. I'm saying we should give them time to fix, but how long is too long? 6 months, a year? Perhaps when the warranty period is up? It would be nice if PalmOne would simply fix these issues or simply never make a promise of a working product that clearly doesn't work.
    Not good logic. There is such a notion as product liability. While the Treo 650's issues may not (on it's face) merit product liability claims, you simply cannot say "don't buy the phone." Remember, the faultiness of the Treo 650 is experienced after the fact. The "flaw," in this case, was experienced after the phone was bought and the purchaser may not have had knowledge of this at the time of purchase. Again, these flaws may not be deemed as serious enough issues warranting a lawsuit. At the very least, we can all agree that the "flaws" are a nuisance and should be dealt with by the manufacturer on a wholesale and immediate, rather than piecemeal and ad hoc, basis.

Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    one more thing, if you THINK that treo 650 is FLAWED, easy, don't buy the FRICKING phone!!!! palmOne is NOT forcing you in any way to buy their phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Call some lawyers. I tried to open one with Treo 600. A few lawyers were interested but later declined to take it on. At that time there was a case. And as for the other ignorant comments, you try going through 12 Treo 300, 13 Treo 600 & 4 Treo 650 replaced under warranty & see how you feel about beeing "sue happy". Especially when Sprint PCS knowingly had a bad "batch" of Treo 600 out but did nothing to recall them or even tell the comsumers. HORRIBLE ethics...
    <In my best Morpheus voice> Look inward, Neo.

Who told you to get the 650, or even the 600, when you had such horrible luck with the previous model??? I doubt PalmOne or Sprint held a gun to your head when it came time to replace the 300 or 600.

Why do you think those lawyers who were "interested" decided to drop the case? Because there was no case. At least they realized that before they wasted Sprint's, PalmOne's, and the court's time.

I can't believe you're looking for sympathy or slack over your bad 650 experience when you readily admit you had bad 300 and 600 experiences. I can't possibly imagine returning 13 600s (as you claim) and actually thinking of buying a 650. Are you kidding me?

Having a defective Treo hasn't hurt or damaged you in any way. Your lawsuit is frivolous at best, and ridiculous and stupid more likely.
    .....Just wondering how long we should all wait until filing the class action for having spent $600 for the 650, a constant stream of money upgrading our network plans, and even more money going through temporary and permanent accesories like a wired headset until PalmOne fixes its bluetooth problems, etc.
    I do believe in tort reform, and I don't believe in litigation for something like this. The TREO 650 has lots of problems, I agree, and I have pretty much decided not to buy one until PalmOne acknowledges the problems and FIXES them, but I ain't gonna sue. Look, I got a Maytag Neptune, and there is a class action suit on that, which is tied up in legal wrangling for the foreseable future. Screw it; sooner or later I'll just buy something else.

It is a darn shame that people are beginning to feel like they have to resort to lawsuits to get a manufacturer to fix a defective device. However, I've said it before and I'll say it again: PalmOne's Quality Control ( ) department (there has to be one!) is only listening to those TREO 650 owners who say, "GREAT PHONE, LOVE THE SCREEN, don't worry about the bugs, we'll just spend weeks figuring out which little software program is crashing the whole phone, and we'll just use Shadowmite's modification of the one fix you guys DID make but really didn't mean to release to get our phones going again....we'll be OK, just don't take our TREO's away...."
    Class action suits are a joke. Lawyers make millions while the plaintiffs usually get something like a buck or two. The only winner is the lawyers. Consumers, and the defendants, are generally the big losers. Thank God our legislative branch came together in a very bipartisan way to get some control of this madness by keeping class actions out of the three county courts that have emerged as good places to file them, and will pass a bill to steer this sort of thing into the federal judicial system.

Katway, better get it filed by middle of next week. If you do, I will "opt out" of the class.

End of rant,
    Todd/Indy
    all it takes for a class action lawsuit is a lawyer who sees $$$.

doesn't matter if the case has any merit.

thousands of baseless cla- action lawsuits are settle each year.

if they did one for the treo, you would get a $5 credit on your bill as "settlement", and the lawyers would take $50M

it's a complete scam (class action)

on the other hand, the insurance companies have a total scam going. They jack up medical premiums, even though there is no reason. But wait, what about those malpractice claims? That is the biggest lie of all.
    Try to sue a doctor for malpractice. It is impossible. (really, I am not making it up). Most states have caps in place from 30 years ago, so there is zero profit in it.

My friend is crippled for life because of a doctors mistake (and that is what insurance is for, mistakes). and he is *** out.

Lost his livelihood, career, home, and damn near his family. And the doctors all cover for each other's *** by lying...there is not "patient confidentiality" when it comes down to it.

Make my blood boil.

ok, I will end the rant, but here is the summary.

not all lawyer/legal things are bad, but class action is.

high medical costs are not due to malpractice isurance rates rising, as it nearly impossible to file a case, let alone win one.
    jmill get bite me with relish :-D
    jmill get bite me with relish :-D

Um...yeah.
    The 650, and the 600 before it, is a Ferrari. You did not buy a Volkswagon, you bought a Ferrari. Ferraris are expensive to maintain, and breakdown frequently. Know what you bought, and act accordingly. If you want a bullet proof phone, there are many options. This is bleeding edge. Why do you think there are 40 phones to every smart phone on the market? Do you have any concept of what it takes to deliver hardware and software? Apparently not. This whole "it's always your fault and not mine"...jeesh. Go overseas and see what the majority of the world is like and you'll stop whining about class action. You have $600 to pay for a (&%$@! phone. Argh, I gonna blow!!
    Doug
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    excuse me but i didnt see any signs near the info or price tag that say " be warned ! this phone is difficult to use and does not behave in a manner consistant with any other cell phone or pda"

sue? im not for it. but palm one owes its consumers sumthing. ext warranties, fixes, replacement models and above all else respect for customer loyalty
    Well, at least the complaints have changed direction from "not shipping the GSM model" to something different.
    Please reread what I wrote. And then reread what you wrote. It is not a case that anyone would take on. Yes I am sure it sucked for you.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    excuse me but i didnt see any signs near the info or price tag that say " be warned ! this phone is difficult to use and does not behave in a manner consistant with any other cell phone or pda"

sue? im not for it. but palm one owes its consumers sumthing. ext warranties, fixes, replacement models and above all else respect for customer loyalty
    you know what? They don't owe anyone anything. They can choose to do as they wish. My opinion is that they SHOULD offer an explanation, and fixes, etc. Pronto. But they are choosing not to. I would say their stock price is reflecting the state of their company. Its a darned shame
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Of course, you are talking about CDMA only, or both CDMA and GSM? You're pretty angry after onl 10 post. That certainly has nothing to do with you longevity in using at Treo 650.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast