Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    all it takes for a class action lawsuit is a lawyer who sees $$$.

doesn't matter if the case has any merit.

thousands of baseless cla- action lawsuits are settle each year.

if they did one for the treo, you would get a $5 credit on your bill as "settlement", and the lawyers would take $50M

it's a complete scam (class action)

on the other hand, the insurance companies have a total scam going. They jack up medical premiums, even though there is no reason. But wait, what about those malpractice claims? That is the biggest lie of all.
    Try to sue a doctor for malpractice. It is impossible. (really, I am not making it up). Most states have caps in place from 30 years ago, so there is zero profit in it.

My friend is crippled for life because of a doctors mistake (and that is what insurance is for, mistakes). and he is *** out.

Lost his livelihood, career, home, and damn near his family. And the doctors all cover for each other's *** by lying...there is not "patient confidentiality" when it comes down to it.

Make my blood boil.

ok, I will end the rant, but here is the summary.

not all lawyer/legal things are bad, but class action is.

high medical costs are not due to malpractice isurance rates rising, as it nearly impossible to file a case, let alone win one.
    sorry, not buying it mike. If it was that easy then where is the class action suit.

I challenge anyone here to get one going, have a lawyer take it on, and settle like you say.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    otto.
    I read your post and feel we are not far apart in ideas. However. They do owe us something. Respect for supporting their company by purchasing their product.
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    otto.
    I read your post and feel we are not far apart in ideas. However. They do owe us something. Respect for supporting their company by purchasing their product.
    I would love for them to give us more than lipservice on that topic pump. I really would. How about a real rebate for the people who are loyal, repeat customers.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

I tried to call a laywer but my phone crashed.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    id be ok with the rebate. what id rather have is a device that functions as we all continually hope the latest and greatest treo will. Just dont let us down anymore!
    Maybe you should go to a PalmOne/or Sprint Store, slip & fall, then you can sue for the phone & fall, at least get something.....I'll give him this much, it wasn't a "who's with me post"
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869
    I tried to call a laywer but my phone crashed.
    Laughed hard when I saw this. Good one!
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Maybe you should go to a PalmOne/or Sprint Store, slip & fall, then you can sue for the phone & fall, at least get something.....I'll give him this much, it wasn't a "who's with me post"
    You see, everyone... If we put our heads together, eventually people come up with a good idea or two.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    id be ok with the rebate. what id rather have is a device that functions as we all continually hope the latest and greatest treo will. Just dont let us down anymore!
    I'm with you
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Go ahead and sue them, those of you of that persuasion... Just remember, you'll become part of the problem, not the solution. Ridiculous class-action suits don't have to be won to cause harm. They're expensive to defend against--win, lose, or draw. When companies spend money that way, it hurts all of us! Not only are those costs rolled into the purchase price of products, there's less $$ for R&D, hiring (and keeping) the best people, etc. Think it over... we have a terrific community here that gets together to solve solve or develop workarounds for nearly issue the various Treos have thrown our way. Either you're the type of person that's "in it for the long haul"; perhaps you even enjoy being part of the process... or you're not. Everyone knows there are issues with complex devices like our smartphones. If you're not up to the task, get a simple Nokia and a day planner--on the way to the lawyer's office.

End of rant #2,
    Todd/Indy
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    You guys are missing a huge point. NOT EVERYONE IS HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE TREO. My Treo has been working great from the day one (Bought it in November). I have had no problem or issue with anything at all. I have installed 12 applications and every one of them is working perfectly. I am using my phone for at least 5 hours a day (internet, modem, phone, MP3, eReader, calendar and contact, camera, etc) and I canít even imagine working and living without it anymore. I have had no resetting problem, no memory problem, no voice quality problem, no Bluetooth problem (Jabra), and no other problem at all. I admit, this is not a perfect smart phone (lack of WIFI, headphone jack, no taser, no BJ etc.) but it is the best in the market. I personally think that some of the people on this board are having too much expectation.
    And one more thing. Why don't you sue Microsoft for its OS that crashes almost everyday? I have paid $2400 for my laptop and it crashes at least once everyday. I have had so many issues with my machine because of its OS and there are millions of people out there having the same problem. So does that justify suing Microsoft?
    Why sue??? They are going to fix the problem - I GUARENTEE IT!!!!! Its called the Treo700, and yep as soon as its released - I'll shell out another 500 - 600 for it also!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    "Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice - shame on ME!!"

Who do I blame after 12 + 13 + ?? The Taliban maybe?

So a what point, TREONEO, do you think "maybe I shouldn't get another one!" I've only had one 180G and one 600. They both worked well enough to get done what I wanted to get done. Perfect - Nope! But I'm not expecting perfection either. It's just a device, after all, not the Holy Grail.

Live with it. Or live without it. Just stop *****ing about a problem you clearly have control over!
    I'm sure your "guarentee" is about as good as the guy in your post, good 'ol GW. A
    Treoseur
    This is one of the funniest threads I've seen in a while, had to give my .02.
    Treoseur
    I don't have any of the problems you are having. Sorry to hear.

I love my 650, it fricking rules. After having used a number of mediocre phones in the past year, and waiting long enough for this one, I cannot be happier. I expect to continue quality performance from it in the future - and if I do have some major problem with it? Well, that's what I got the $5/month insurance for.
    read my post before you call bs...

if you can find a lawyer who is greedy enough, they will do a class action. Hell, they sue amex because one guy didn't like the exchange rate he got in Turkey when he use amex cards in 1998.

They will take anything, if pockets are deep enough (and Palm's may not be).
    last but not least.....if it is uncovered that your a subscriber here then it will be assumed you were aware of the downfalls. if your unhappy with it then take it back there is provisions for that

now the real issue you really want it and you want more....don't all of us!

now for the flaming!!!

WHO IS WITH ME?
    Hey could this be the same person that sued McDonalds, because the coffee was hot? Now I wonder, how can you afford a Treo?

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Ohh wait! He must of found it on the floor, whe he fell in the PalmOne/or Sprint store....

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast