1.    #1  
    Hello,

Anyway to convert my TREO-1GB SD in an USB DRIVE?
    http://www.dominet.net
    Webhosting the way it should be.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    You could use those USB drives that have the SD port on it. cost like $10
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Yup. Sandisk has a reader that looks just like a USB drive but has a slot for SD card.

Effectively turns the card into a USB drive.

I've seen them at BestBuy for loike $25 or $35. Not bad. I plan on getting one and ditch my bulky media reader.

Edit: DAMN! Ninja'd by soulreaver99!
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    Card Export II by Softic
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Softick's Card Export will do the trick.

Great stuff.

http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/
  7.    #7  
    Thank you all
    http://www.dominet.net
    Webhosting the way it should be.
    Even better.
    on a semi-related note... can you pop an SD card from your card reader to your 650 to your camera and back again? devices don't format SD cards in funny ways so as to lock them out or make them unreadable to other devices, do they? (anyone remember trying to pop mac classic formatted floppies into your PC? yeah, that kind of stuff.)
    If animals are deprived of hope ... they are compensated by being given an almost endless patience for enduring, or simply for waiting. - Joseph Wood Krutch
    Beloved old unbranded GSM 650 shorting out and retired.
    Now happily driving the Black Euro GSM Centro. Yum.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I have several pictures (.jpg) files on my sd card.
    When I read the card from my desktop pc I can see the pics.
    When the card is loaded in my Treo 650, they are not there?????
    Any help?
    Before I got Card Export, I stuck my SD card into my digital camera and I've never had problems. The camera doesn't format the card in any way. But I've never tried taking a picture with my Treo memory card in my digital camera. Should work though because the camera puts pictures in the DCIM folder, which the Treo creates as well. I don't if the Palm file system would screw anything up though.
    aethyric, sometimes devices do format cards. Though I think a lot of manufacturers have stopped doing that. What you'll more than likely find is that the Treo creates a set of folders that are specific to the Treo and your camera will do the same. Don't move or mess with the folder structure and you should be okay.

Then again, the only way to find out is to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aethyric
    on a semi-related note... can you pop an SD card from your card reader to your 650 to your camera and back again? devices don't format SD cards in funny ways so as to lock them out or make them unreadable to other devices, do they? (anyone remember trying to pop mac classic formatted floppies into your PC? yeah, that kind of stuff.)
    I was at Disney world with Mom and took lots of general pictures and even a video of the "Mo'Rockin" band and bellydancer at the "Morocco Land" area of Epcot with my HP r707. Back at the hotel took the SD card out and put it into my Treo650. Looked at the pictures AND the video on the much larger Treo650 screen. First time Mom was actually impressed with the camera or the phone!