1.    #1  
    I have two mailboxes setup.

1) imap w/ idle support
    2) imap w/o idle support

With (1) I have no problems at all.

With (2) I have 1 major problem. The problem is that I don't get all my mail. I've had this problem twice now. Last night I deleted the mailbox and "redid it". And then everything was working fine. But this morning I go to check my mail on my treo and I dont have any new messages for (2). But on my pc I have 7 new messages. I then tried to delete the mailbox and start over again like I did before. Chatter downloaded all the messages, but not the new ones. I went through all the options but didn't see anything that would help.

I left it alone and around 10:30 I got 3 new messages. I check my pc and I've got all the messages since 10:30 and on. I can now send test messages to myself and they show up on my phone. But why can't I get my messages from earlier today?

Luke
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
  2.    #2  
    I deleted the mailbox again, and there is still just a chunk of messages from 1am-10am that it wont 'give me'.

?

L
  3.    #3  
    Left everything alone for two days. And last night I had the same problems. My pc got 5 messages between 12:30 - now. When I woke up I had the red box at the bottom with my account name on it like I had new messages. But when I click on it the new messages are not there. ?

The only thing wierd in the options that I can see is that my second mail account doesn't have the option to "move deleted messages to..." or the "auto-expunge after delete".

Anyone?!
    (edit)

Just got a notification of one new chatter message. But no pop up while in chatter. And no actual email in chatter.

L
    Last edited by naked; 02/13/2005 at 08:38 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Well around 10:30 - 11:00 I 'actually' got a message.

Webmail shows I have 315 messages
    PC w/ outlook 2k3 says 315 messages
    Chatter says 295 messages

I'm disabling ANYTHING I can think that would mess with chatter or anything else.
    I am going to testing it out tomorrow from 12am-11am and see if anything changes.

L
    Sorry for the delay in answering, naked...

What settings do you use for delivery (all of them, please)...?

Marc
  6.    #6  
    I just deleted chatter and reinstalled it. Still the same problem. It wouldn't download any messages from 12am-10:30am since Wednesday (the day I first installed chatter). My settings for the account I'm having problems with:

I have checked:
    Sync Messages

That is it. Both accounts are identical, except the server username/passwords and email addresses. The account I'm having trouble with the server runs VisNetic Mail, and the other account server uses Exchange. VisNetic doesn't have support for the IDLE command.

Any thoughts?

L
    My first thought would be that VisNetic Mail isn't really IMAP compliant (like AOL). What you should do is make me a log that includes a connection to the VisNetic Mail account (which you can do via "Reset Connections"). That should indicate the problem.

Marc
  8.    #8  
    Ok. How do I get access to that log?

Luke
    There are logging instructions in the FAQ in this forum.

Marc
  10.    #10  
    sent.

L
  11.    #11  
    Marc, Just sent you another bug message with an attached log. The log is from last night until this morning.

Today i did get a message around 9:30. But in chatter it appeared as if the message was from Sunday and not today at 9:30.

?

I have semi-control over this server. I have control over my domain options. I can set it to imap or pop3.

Is there anything that I can look at to see if it is something in the server setup?

But it is odd that my pc gets the messages fine, and chatter does not? Even if I delete all the messages and remove chatter, when I reinstall and re-get my messages. The messages from 12am-11am since Wed are still messed up.

Luke