1.    #1  
    ok so I got a replacement Treo 600 and the new one has a white dot on the right side of the screen, like one of the pixels is permanently white... should I send it back and get another one or will they say it's not covered?
  2. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I had an orange dot on mine, one pixel but it grew over time to 10 pixels. Palmone replaced it, they send out a new one and you have to return yours within two weeks or they charge you. I'd send it back if I were you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Andrew
    ok so I got a replacement Treo 600 and the new one has a white dot on the right side of the screen, like one of the pixels is permanently white... should I send it back and get another one or will they say it's not covered?
    I had the same thing happen to my 600. Mine grew to a larger size as well. Call P1 or your service provider, they should replace it. Its a well known and documented problem.
    I had yellow dots on 2 prevoius treo 600's and now I have Blue streaks with yellow blobs on my present one. Each time in the past they sent a refurbished Treo. First time it happened, my treo was only 2 weeks old. God knows how old the refurbished ones are. Today Tech Support person told me since I had screen problems 3 times, I will be getting a new Treo(this will be my 6th replacement since 9/2004) . He claims the new models have the screen problem resolved!!!. I tried to get a 650 - unfortunately Verizon does not carry it and he does not know when they will have it