1. mc9
    Hi.
    I have been looking for a replacement for the built-in email program (of the Visor, of course). I would like to have one that does work w/o a modem but that will not truncate all my emails. I have been looking at a couple of programs but all seem to require the use of modem.

TIA

mc9
    There are a couple of replacement mailers I've seen over at Palmgear.com that do not have the limitations of the built-in mail app:

Palmeta
    Eudora Internet Suite
    MultiMail PRO (with MultiMail Conduit)
  3. mc9
    Thanks, but that is not what I am looking for...
    I tried Multimail and MessageAgent and both programs require a direct modem connection form the Visor to the Internet.
    I am simply looking for a more comfortable program to replace the built-in mail program that lets me sync my email on the Visor.

Any ideas?

mc9
    Thanks, but that is not what I am looking for...
    I tried Multimail and MessageAgent and both programs require a direct modem connection form the Visor to the Internet.
    I am simply looking for a more comfortable program to replace the built-in mail program that lets me sync my email on the Visor.
    Well...let me try to rephrase and expand my original answer. The programs I mentioned will allow you to sync your desktop E-Mail on your Visor (i.e. syncing the inbox contents of your Outlook/Outlook Express/Eudora/Netscape Communicator). Otherwise known as "supporting mail access via the HotSync technology".

With regards to MultiMail, I mentioned that you also need the MultiMail Conduit to perform synchronization with your desktop mailer. MutliMail PRO, by itself, cannot perform this. But with the MultiMail Conduit, you can. Go to www.actualsoft.com for more information.

5. mc9
    ProjectZero:
    Thanks again! I will try MultMail and the conduit. Sorry that I was not able to figure it out by myself, but I have the 'flu right now and I guess I am not my true self (I mean with respect to my comprehension and such)
    I guess all my brains went down my nose into the hankies...

Thanks again,

mc9
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Palm intends to purchase Actual Software, makers of MultiMail Pro.