Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I'm headed from US to kuwait for 4 months. Anyone know if the cingular gsm treo 650 works there? voice AND data? I have cdma sprint but may swap to cingular if it could work.....thanks much!
    if you're coming on international roam and if your carrier has mentioned kuwait then there is no reason that it shouldn't. and in case you're planning to get a local line here then there's no problem at all.

i'm eagerly waiting to get my hands on a treo 650.... still not available in kuwait, maybe just a month or so more.
    i'm waiting for treo 650 in Kuwait too, but i don't think they will be available shortly around in Kuwait. not that i know of anyway. let me know if you know something.

so i decided to order unlocked one from USA through my Aramex account. unfortunately they don't accept international credit cards.

so i am left with expansys.com for now from the UK or UAE. and i'll ordering soon if no better plan comes up for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by amakh007
    I'm headed from US to kuwait for 4 months. Anyone know if the cingular gsm treo 650 works there? voice AND data? I have cdma sprint but may swap to cingular if it could work.....thanks much!
    make sure international roaming is enabled from cingular
    and be prepared to pay a bomb for those roaming charges....
    and lastly, here's the list of gsm partner in kuwait

http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_kw.shtml
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    So long as you have a roaming agreement, you should have no problems. I've used my unlocked T600 in Kuwait, though with a Vodafone prepaid sim from Europe.

Regards,
    wait around 3 weeks and youll be able to get it directly from al andalus...
    are you sure.... i went to andalus last week and half he people didn't know what i was talking about, and the ppl who knew didn't give me a date. got any clue how much will they be selling it for?
    there is no price fixed yet, but i am 100% sure theyll have it (if theyre interested in carrying it.. ie. it will be offered to them). in other words, i suggest you get some friends together and go there a couple of times before launch to remind them that there is demand for the product and that they should definitely carry it..
    Quote Originally Posted by viper_
    are you sure.... i went to andalus last week and half he people didn't know what i was talking about, and the ppl who knew didn't give me a date. got any clue how much will they be selling it for?
    You should try their computer show room
    Opposite munucupality car park
    Tel: 2463932
    Opening hours: 9:00-12:30AM / 4:30-8:30PM
    Expected Release: 2-3 weeks
    Price: not set yet (Treo 600 currently 215KD)

However, there was a delay releasing Treo 600 previously. if this happens with treo 650, Dubai will host it for sure.