1.    #1  
    What is the general consensus on the comparison of these 2 products? I have a Treo650 and want to backup ALL of it - applications, personal settings, everything. Will both of these products do it for me or is one better than the other?
    BackupMan performs backups automagically on a schedule. Runs for me every night at 3AM. That's a really nice feature... I have not had a bit of truoble w/it, flawless restores every time.
    Can't speak to backupman, but backup buddy certainly will do what you ask, and very reliably.

BackupBuddy includes two products. One that backs up to your desk, and one that backs up to an SD card (backupbuddyVFS) But, and I didn't realize this until after I spend my dime, the version of BB VFS that's included with the desktop software is very limited. It will only backup ALL your files (which is ok). But it will also only do a full restore. It doesn't give you any way to restore only one app or 1 file. That sucks bigtime. To get incremental restore capability, you have to spend still more money on a full version of BB VFS.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I don't know about backupbuddy, so I can't comment on it. However, Backupman has worked great for me, and does scheduled backups every night. It looks like Backupman needs two things, however, to avoid problems: (1) the phone radio should be off during the backup; and (2) there should be plenty of free space on the Treo.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    In all fairness my feeling from browsing the forums is they are equally liked. I tried the most recent beta of BackupMan (1.52b IIRC) and could not get it to backup, nor work without errors (Seems to have a problem with the radio being on during a backup and needs significant free memory in order to perform a backup, additionally is still in beta and has not made release version yet)

Being a registered user of BackupBuddyPro VFS, I was excited when v3.07 was released with support for the Treo 650. I have been through a couple of backup and restores with it and have experienced no major issues at all with it at all and recommend it highly.

Coupled with the BackupBuddy for Windows on the desktop, I have completely redundant, highly stable and rock solid backups anywhere, with confidence.

Give BackupBuddy a try, I am sure you will find it suits your needs. They are a Palm Platinum certified developer and as such release a very polished product you can depend on. I have no affiliation, I am just a very satisfied, registered user of 3 of thier products.

Developer Link:
    http://www.bluenomad.com/bbvfs/prod_bbvfs_details.html

PalmGear Link:
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=14301
    I LOVE BackupBuddyVFS! It too can automatically backup at whatever time every night or day.
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I don't know about backupbuddy, so I can't comment on it. However, Backupman has worked great for me, and does scheduled backups every night. It looks like Backupman needs two things, however, to avoid problems: (1) the phone radio should be off during the backup; and (2) there should be plenty of free space on the Treo.
    Is this a Treo 650 error? b.c I have never had a problem with my Treo 600 GSM running BackupMan.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Used backupbuddy/VFS for years; got tired of waiting for them to get it to work right; last version I tried still stumbled on a couple of files. Don't know if backupmon works; couple of months ago, it didn't for me, so I bought Tealback. I have been happy with Tealbackupl; it also stumbles on a few files (shimlogs, couple of DTG and KeySuite files), but it has an easy to use Exception Log. Although I would like a program that backs up everything to my laptop, it's more important to have a program that does auto and manual backups to a card (as well as individual file restores), because if you run a program away from home and have to hard reset, to escape a reset loop, you loose everything. This happened to me in a airplane, on the way to an important one-day meeting. For the several programs that i won't backup, I simply copy these once to the card and just copy them back if necessary.
    Another vote for BackupBuddyVFS.

It has saved me on several occasions with my Treo 650. After a restore, I have not ever found a SINGLE thing which wasn't the way it was supposed to be.

I understand there are issues with VoiceDial if you use that app (I do not). But, from what I've read none of the backup products are playing well with VoiceDial.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Has this app been fixed for the T650? I have mine for the T600...you can get it much cheaper on eBay and the like:

http://www.gomdm.com/p_backup.asp
    I've used both, and I favor BackupBuddyVFS
    Chris

Evolution: PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Visor Prism > iPaq 3955 > iPaq 4155 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    I have both backupman, and backupbuddyVFS. Although I favor backupman in regards to restoring your device, in flawless condition, if you have anything under 5mb of free space on the 650, backupman is totally useless. It won't even complete a full backup. Scheduled or manual. So until Palmone or bits n bolts release a patch, I would spend my money on backupbuddy.
    I haven't tried BackupBuddyVFS, but BackupMan works great on my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    I haven't tried BackupBuddyVFS, but BackupMan works great on my 650.
    Backup Man was great for me until I started to get a more complex assortment of apps and then ran into all sorts of memory problems. I have had none of those issue with backupbuddy vfs pro and HIGHLY recomend it!