1.    #1  
    Is there a way to use Bluetooth to transfer files directly from Treo to Mac without using HotSync?

The docs talk about doing this from the Mac to Treo, but how do you do it in the other direction?

It's be great to be able to drop a few photos to the Mac without having to do the whole HotSync thing...
    Can't Missing sync do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by osxman
    Is there a way to use Bluetooth to transfer files directly from Treo to Mac without using HotSync?

The docs talk about doing this from the Mac to Treo, but how do you do it in the other direction?
    Hi osxman, for photos, you can do this:
    1. From your Treo, go into the Pics&Videos app.
    2. Select the picture or pictures you want to send.
    3. Press the Menu button, and then choose Media > Send.
    4. In the Send With dialog that appears, select "Bluetooth".

You can also send entire albums this way by pressing the Menu button and choosing Album > Send Album.

To send other files from Treo to Mac, I use the free app Filez. Hope that helps!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    tanster is right, but you will need a bluetooth enabled Mac, and paired with the Treo. If your Mac doesn't have built-in bluetooth you can pick up a USB bluetooth adapter for about $30
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Hi osxman, for photos, you can do this:
    1. From your Treo, go into the Pics&Videos app.
    2. Select the picture or pictures you want to send.
    3. Press the Menu button, and then choose Media > Send.
    4. In the Send With dialog that appears, select "Bluetooth".
    Tanster - that's exactly what I was looking for!

Now I can send a few photos to my Mac without doing the whole HotSync stuff.

I looked everyone in the manual and google didn't turn up anything - you're the guru.

Thanks again.
    You are most welcome!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    I just read this thread and I'm finding an annoying problem... From the Pics and Vids app (called Media on my VZW 650) I goto "send..." and I don't get the dialog. It just dumps the pics straight into Verizon's money-hungry MMS application.

Does anyone know how to restore the "send" dialog instead of using the "default" MMS application?
    I have verizon too. They disabled the "Individual" send via bluetooth so you would be forced to use their MMS. A pain but workaround I use, is have a "temp" folder or create one, put the picture or pictures in it. Then under Album > Send Album > Bluetooth will be available. Have the Treo and Mac paired and your there.
    I've used that workaround too... It's a bothersome nuisance, let me tell ya.
    This thread rocks. Thank you Tanster!!!!! This is exactly what I was looking for.
    Haha, looking at my stats:

Guess that makes me a troll.

Well, make it Posts: 2 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by firedog341
    I have verizon too. They disabled the "Individual" send via bluetooth so you would be forced to use their MMS. A pain but workaround I use, is have a "temp" folder or create one, put the picture or pictures in it. Then under Album > Send Album > Bluetooth will be available. Have the Treo and Mac paired and your there.

I have found that you can BT your pictures without moving them to a temp folder using Filez. Select the file, Menu/Send/Bluetooth.
    for resurrecting an ancient thread, but just in case someone else stumbles across it like I did Googling how to transfer files from their Treo to their Mac:

Be sure to enable Bluetooth sharing in the Sharing section of the Sys Pref.

Worked for me.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Thank you for resurrecting this. I couldn't send the file until I found Ergolad's post about turning on BT sharing. Thank you!!!
    Last edited by dwman; 08/02/2008 at 08:19 PM.