Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
  1. #21  
    MisterEd,
    Thanks for your concern about my thinking. Perhaps if you could see my plan (which I posted to aid others) you would see UNLIMITED Media Net with SMS MMS for $19.99 (confirmed as old plan several different ways) and not the current plans which you posted. Hope this helps others. (The rep today said the old plan is still in their database but will probably be removed within the next month). Nothing Follows.
  2.    #22  
    Un-be-f'ing-leavable. Not only did they know nothing about it when I called 10 minutes ago to migrate from ATT to CING ("all we have is the new plans") but they said the $19.99 unlimited couldn't even be applied to a Treo even when (if) they still had it. It makes me wonder if all those reps read off the same system. You can talk to 3 different ones and get 3 totally different answers ..... I mean, not even close. Completely different. I'll stick with ATT for now.



    Quote Originally Posted by User Name
    MisterEd,
    Thanks for your concern about my thinking. Perhaps if you could see my plan (which I posted to aid others) you would see UNLIMITED Media Net with SMS MMS for $19.99 (confirmed as old plan several different ways) and not the current plans which you posted. Hope this helps others. (The rep today said the old plan is still in their database but will probably be removed within the next month). Nothing Follows.
  3. #23  
    MisterEd,
    I called 1-800-331-0500 and spoke with Ashley (employee#AW4990). She was very helpful but bear-in-mind that none of the CSAs know much about the data plans.
  4. #24  
    I'm also new at this and just wondering, given Sprint is so much cheaper, why even consider anyone else (if you live in a good coverage area)?
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by kattanm
    I'm also new at this and just wondering, given Sprint is so much cheaper, why even consider anyone else (if you live in a good coverage area)?
    Because you prefer GSM technology over CDMA?

    Because you got screwed by Sprint at some point in the past?

    Because they are YOUR minutes and you get to keep them (rollover)
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  6. #26  
    I ordered my Treo 650 from TreoCentral a few days ago and got a shipment confirmation today. I used the phone number to log into Cingulars site and it shows me as having the Media Works package for $19.99. This is what it says on TreoCentral's Website when you add the 650 to your cart:

    Data Servies

    Your Cingular Wireless plan automatically allows you to use wireless data services such as email and web at a rate of $0.01/KB. But for better value, we recommend that you add the Cingular MEdia Works plan below. This MEdia Works plan includes:

    Unlimited Web access and email
    Text Messaging - Send or receive up 1500 SMS Text Messages a month (additional 3/msg)
    MMS - Send or receive up to 200 Multimedia Messages a month (additional 20/msg)
    Disclaimer: It is possible that Cingular may not add the MEdia Works plan to your account. If so, other data service plans will be presented to you.


    So it looks like for some of us we may be getting lucking and having that plan added to our account... and others not so lucky. They now have a disclaimer (either it wasn't there or I didn't see it when I ordered) saying Cingular may not honor the $19.99 package but they may offer something else (IE Media Net for $24.95).

    I'm not even going to bother calling Cingular and asking because I doubt anyone will know the answer and I don't want to lose my deal. I'm just printing copies of everything I ordered and what my plan says in case I do get charged for something in the future.
  7.    #27  
    My point exactly which is probably why you got that.
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name
    MisterEd,I called 1-800-331-0500 and spoke with Ashley (employee#AW4990). She was very helpful but bear-in-mind that none of the CSAs know much about the data plans.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Because you prefer GSM technology over CDMA?

    Because you got screwed by Sprint at some point in the past?

    Because they are YOUR minutes and you get to keep them (rollover)
    2 and 3 I get, but I'd love to be educated on #1. How is it different to the end user: GSM vs. CDMA?
  9. #29  
    kattanm, i'm not as knowledgeable as many on these forums, but the big advantage i see is being able to use a gsm phone in many other countries, whereas cdma is only useful in a handful of countries other than the US. I am going with Cingular because they offer better coverage in my area.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by kattanm
    2 and 3 I get, but I'd love to be educated on #1. How is it different to the end user: GSM vs. CDMA?
    That topic has been beaten to death here. I, for one, prefer GSM because it handles data better than CDMA - even when connected you usually can receive voice calls because of the way the technology works. If you do a search for CDMA and EDGE you will find a LOT of posts.

    However, if CDMA has better coverage in your area, then go CDMA.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  11. #31  
    Folks,

    Maybe I am missing something here, but Sprint gives you unlimited SMS and data for $15 on any plan of you get Sprint Business Connect (which includes a great push e-mail solution provided by Seven). It gives you a NAT IP address, but VPN works fine over it.

    I have been using this with my 600 for the last year and have never been charged extra for SMS or data, and I connect with my laptop / VPN and use the 600's browser all the time.

    Why are these other companies making using data so difficult? Sprint's coverage is not quite as good as Verizon's which I used from 1996-late 2003, but all things considered, it is great. You can also add unlimited roaming (on Verizon) for $5 per month... Note that data doesn't work while roaming, but you only roam in the boonies...

    Glenn
  12. #32  
    You are right. Data does not work when roaming, even with that additional $5.00/month.

    I like Sprint prices for data. They kick A$$ with the the $15 Vision plan.
  13. #33  
    I spent 2 hours reading posts in this forum.
    Thanks for all the good info.

    I currently have Media works plan on Cingular: 3MB data, 1500 Txt mesg, 200 MMS, and 512 Media Basic WIX.

    Questions:
    1. Is there anyway to check how many bytes I use. I am worried to over use my 3MB.
    2. What the heck is Media Basic WIX?
  14. #34  
    You should be worried, with only 3MB limit. To my understanding, On plans that do have a limit there's supposed to be a meter in your online account that, just like your voice minutes. But I can't confirm that. You'd better check with CS.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions