1.    #1  
    Is this just me; whenever I plug in my headset to my Treo 650 my Treo freezes & the data disconnects. This happens everytime! Can anyone confirm this? Have your vision connected then plug in your headset (I use the Treo 2 in 1 combo) then try & press ANY buttons then notice if your vision disconnects. This is friggin ridiculous the "BUGS" with this phone!
  2.    #2  
    EDIT: This happens just when I insert the very tip of the headset plug into the hole-does not have to be inserted all the way on (basically it disconnects my web on initial contact). Also I notice that after I insert the headphones I look at my led flashing green like normal. But during this freeze/disconnection it flashes red just ONCE. EVERY time this happens exact same way. I tried inserting headphones with the Treo off & my Vision stays connected with no freeze after I switch it on. What the hell?!!!!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Yep, tried three times on my CDMA and disconnected all three times (I was in mid page download with Blazer). However the second time it automatically reconnected and finished the download.

ERic
    Sure thing; everytime you mess with the headset jack (plug in / out or simply an imperfect connection) data connection breaks and then tries to reconnect.

Bugs! Bugs!!! Bugs everywhere!!!!!! They're alive!!!!!!!!!

-mike
  5.    #5  
    Bump. Jeff Gibson you there?
    that's pretty lame... i'm feeling better about getting left behind with my 600.
    wow...I insert the jack half way and...

data connection drops
    voice dial launches

????????

sprint 650
    And don't forget the loud POP that goes along with inserting into the jack!
  9.    #9  
    ANyone else? I tried this with a regular headset that comes with the Treo & it is not as sensitive. I can plug it at a normal pace & my data stays connected. But when I do it real slow, it disconnects. With my Palm hybrid headset it disconnects whenever I just insert it barely or move it around in the hole (this sounds so dirty-don't get turned on folks!). There seems to be some sort of electrical "spike" of some sort that causes the signal of the phone itself to drop thereby dropping the net. Anyone that has an electronical background can hypothesize as to what is going on here? Those of you who notice a disconnect, what type oh headset do you use & who is your carrier?
    Mine launches Voice Dial
    I use the standard ear piece, and have seen this happen several times. Not only have I dropped the Vision connection, but a few times the phone has reset! Arghh...
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    ANyone else? I tried this with a regular headset that comes with the Treo & it is not as sensitive. I can plug it at a normal pace & my data stays connected. But when I do it real slow, it disconnects. With my Palm hybrid headset it disconnects whenever I just insert it barely or move it around in the hole (this sounds so dirty-don't get turned on folks!). There seems to be some sort of electrical "spike" of some sort that causes the signal of the phone itself to drop thereby dropping the net. Anyone that has an electronical background can hypothesize as to what is going on here? Those of you who notice a disconnect, what type oh headset do you use & who is your carrier?
    Same here. Push it in slowly and I get the disconnect. If I put it in at a normal speed it's fine.
    Cingular is my carrier
    The headset is a Panasonic KX-TCA92.

Joe
    Nothing here... no problem at all. Used my headset a lot yesterday, too.

Tom
    the audible pop when you plug in, or when you power up, is something i never noticed on the 600 but is very noticeable on the 650. I don't recall seeing the disconnect "feature" but i'll be on the lookout for it now...