Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sigh...thought I'd be wiser now.. but not so....installed two more applications...TreoGuard and LightWav...back to resets....uninstalled them through uninstall manager but now LauncherX needs to be refreshed every time after a call has been received in order for the screen to show. G'ddamn...

Also disappointed with Uninstall Manager. It wasnt automatically able to delete all files that came with LightWav.

This weekend..back to...Hard reset..and reload my 15 applications that never resets my phone and I think I will leave it like that for some time.
    Sorry to hear that, Tiff. What version of LightWav did you install? If it's 5.0 or 5.1, then LightWav is most likely the culprit for your resets. There's a thread about it here. There's a new version that was recently released (5.1.1) which I heard should address the problem.

BTW, I'd recommend using a backup app (like BackupMan or BackupBuddy) so you don't have to reinstall everything one by one.
  3.    #3  
    I installed 5.1 Downloaded it from their own site today. Sigh.
    Well that's one software I won't go near again...

yeah I would use my backupbuddy...if i had been more cleaver and actually done a backup recently.....sigh again...
    Look at the bright side...

umm...

tomorrow's weather in the bay is supppose to be good. Sorry, couldn't think of anything else.
    tiffany,

sorry for the hijack, but who is taking these pictures of you.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    I installed 5.1 Downloaded it from their own site today. Sigh.
    Well that's one software I won't go near again...

yeah I would use my backupbuddy...if i had been more cleaver and actually done a backup recently.....sigh again...
    In my opinion, stay away from Toysofts applications! They always seem to bring the perfect applications to market accept for one problem, they never work properly!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Take it from a born and raised Bay Area boy who recently was transplanted to the midwest, I feel physical pain whenever anyone talks about a nice day in the Bay Area.

Living in the Bay Area is a bright side indeed...

-Ray-
    Hey Tiff,
    What was UninstallManager unable to uninstall? I am curious, as it has not failed me yet when installing an application. Also, if it's true that you NEVER learn , you may want to look into BackUpMan, as it performs automagic backups on a schedule...
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    i am back to using lightwav 2.3 ...much more stable on my treo and doesnt have the reset issues for me.. the UI isnt as pretty, but it works
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    o btw... in the backup buddy prefs you can set it to do a daily backup at whatever time is good for you. mine happens while i sleep so im never more than a day old
    Tiffany,

I'm happy to try and help if you're having a problem with TreoGuard.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    o btw... in the backup buddy prefs you can set it to do a daily backup at whatever time is good for you. mine happens while i sleep so im never more than a day old
    Exactly. I have mine set to back up every morning at 0600. Make sure you turn off the "radio" (i.e. phone off) as I've read in various threads that you won't get good hotsyncs or backups with the phone on.

I have restored using BackupBuddy VFS on several occasions. Takes less than a minute and you are right back where you want to be.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    mine works fine with the radio on. with 1 exception. if a SMS comes in during the nite before the scheduled backup begins, it suspends the backup until i read the sms..in all not a huge issue
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    mine works fine with the radio on. with 1 exception. if a SMS comes in during the nite before the scheduled backup begins, it suspends the backup until i read the sms..in all not a huge issue
    The backup works fine. A restore may not. There are several threads about this problem in this forum.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumboender
    Take it from a born and raised Bay Area boy who recently was transplanted to the midwest, I feel physical pain whenever anyone talks about a nice day in the Bay Area.

Living in the Bay Area is a bright side indeed...

-Ray-
    No kidding. There's still some snow left on the ground here in Boston, with more to come. God I hope I'll be able to move back to SF this summer.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    ...Hard reset..and reload my 15 applications that never resets my phone and I think I will leave it like that for some time.
    Might I ask what 15 applications those are? I'm putting my list together right now...my first Treo
    On a similiar note, which is better and why: BackupMan or Backup Buddy?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Might I ask what 15 applications those are? I'm putting my list together right now...my first Treo
    On a similiar note, which is better and why: BackupMan or Backup Buddy?

Ditto for me. Fedex should be delivering my unlocked Treo tomorrow. I am all set to install some apps. I was actually ready to order lightwave, but your story scares me a little. What would you recommend to assign MP3 ringers and display photo caller ID which I know Lightwav does?
  18.    #18  
    MacUser,

the 15 or so applications are now close to 30 as I slowly move more and more on...what I have installed now that seem to work REALLY well together and not giving me much trouble. With the exception of making the mistake of installing LightWav I have not had ONE reset in 7 days.

* LauncherX
    * 4stocks
    *Directory Assistant
    * PDANet
    * Pocket Tunes
    * Splash Photo
    * Treo Alarm
    * VeriChat
    * VersaMail
    * Cleanup
    * KsDatebook
    * MMPlayer
    * PalmVNC
    * SDS Time
    * Snap
    * Uninstall Manager
    * Voice Dial
    * WiFile
    * Win-Hand
    * Backup Buddy
    * Card Export II
    * FileZ
    * KBLights
    * PowerRun
    * Strategic Commander
    * Warfare Inc
    * PacDude

Still on probation is "Wassup" as I like it but it behaves kinda funky on my 650...
    LightWav also caused my phone to go into reset loops.
    Tiffany, thanks for the list.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast