1.    #1  
    I finally took the plunge today and picked up a Treo 650 from Sprint on a 1 year contract. (I had too many reservations about Cingular and Verizon told me that they are never going to release the Treo 650.) My wife and family stayed on VZW, so I'm paying a premium here. (I'm going to really kick the tires on my 14-day trial!)

So far, really cool device. Inbound SMS does not yet work, but I'm thinking this may be because my number has been transfered for less than 24 hours. (???)

My questions are this:
    It appears that there are two phone books in the Treo 650:

1) The contacts list which is the same as for every Palm ever made.

2) The "Favorites" speed-dial list which is more like a traditional phone book DB.

What I do notice is that the speed-dial allows you to do things like "Pause" dialing for calling cards, etc. whereas the primary contacts DB does not allow you to do this.

Questions:
    - Am I interpreting this correctly?

- Can I edit the speed dial (favorites) list from the desktop?

Lastly:
    - Is there a version of Jamdac Bowling for the Palm? :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    My questions are this:
    It appears that there are two phone books in the Treo 650:

1) The contacts list which is the same as for every Palm ever made.

2) The "Favorites" speed-dial list which is more like a traditional phone book DB.

What I do notice is that the speed-dial allows you to do things like "Pause" dialing for calling cards, etc. whereas the primary contacts DB does not allow you to do this.

Questions:
    i have been wondering the same thing friend, can anyone clarify for us? is there an application out there that ties all this together..?
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01

Questions:

- Can I edit the speed dial (favorites) list from the desktop?
    Yes, and No.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    Quote Originally Posted by shinoSetsuna
    i have been wondering the same thing friend, can anyone clarify for us? is there an application out there that ties all this together..?
    No answer yet about this issue? I just got my 650 and I was wondering about the same. It is pretty strange as you said that you can do it and you can't. Even if you put the commas, like the phone suggests in the speed dial in order to add pauses between one number and the other (pin code or what ever) it doesn't work. What's up with that?
    Paul
    Bowling Delux is pretty fun. (I've never played the Jamdac version so I can't compare, but the Jamdac is probably a Java midlet and if that's the case you could install Java on your Treo 650 and run Jamdac bowling and other Java games.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    driven01,

You are interpreting them correclty, however you may be missing the purpose of the favorites.

First- the contact list is part of the PIM and just like every palmyou have owened before (w/ some additional features for this OS). Do everything you would normally do here as it pretends to contact infomation - phone numbers, address, and general information.

The favorites is more like a traditional phone, as you said. The 650, like the 600, comes with a link to contacts included as a favorites button. And 'yes' you can edit the favoriates buttons, unlike a regular phone. Hey, it's a Palm!! :-) You can add a favoriates for web sites, program and people. RTFM. The manual will explain all of this.

Good luck w/ the phone. Despite the seeming endless list of complaint threads here, I think we all truly love this phone (Do a search, there is a pole on the 650 hardwear thread confiming this)

PS - I too lazy to check this for spelling / Grammer errors
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  7.    #7  
    I tried Bowling Deluxe. It's fun!

Where is the Java JVM for this? (Never mind, I'll research and find it!)

I've been dorking with the favorites. I am still having problems with the "hard pause" feature, but I think I've got something sort of working. My calling card company is incompetent and can't seem to have a fixed length of time between calling card and phone number so it often takes 2 - 3 redials. Do-able, but not perfect.

Thanks for all of your assistance everyone.

Oh yes, I really, really, REALLY do love this device. I just picked up my first bluetooth headphone tonight. (Bluetrek G2). I'm waiting for it to complete it's first charge and then I'll be able to try it out. It's a tiny little thing.