1.    #1  
    I am currently using Missing Sync to wirelessly sync my Treo650 and my powerbook G4. Everything seems to work fine with one exception: Events which have been entered into iCal on my Mac that extend over multiple days only show up on the calendar on my Treo on the first day. It appears that the calendar function on the Treo has starting time and ending time for events but not starting date and ending date. The only way I've found to enter events that last for more than one date is to enter these as daily recurring events from the start date to the end date. This shows the event lasting over the time period on the Treo but shows it on the Mac as a string of daily events that are the same. In addidtion, if I try this strategy on the Mac it doesn't work because when you enter repeat every day it adds the event to every single day in the calendar for the rest of the year! Does anyone know a way to enter multi-day events so that they show up properly on both the Treo and iCal? Thanks!
    Unfortunately, Palm and Apple have used different strategies for showing multi-day events. I don't know of any way to make them match. If you use one over the other (Treo more, or PowerBook more) I would pick that as your primary method, and accept the mismatch on the other machine.

I still sync my calendar with Palm Desktop, because I find the current version of iCal lacking when it comes to options of selecting repeating events and my handheld is my primary reference.

HTH,
    Bree
    Quote Originally Posted by breegenie
    Unfortunately, Palm and Apple have used different strategies for showing multi-day events. I don't know of any way to make them match. If you use one over the other (Treo more, or PowerBook more) I would pick that as your primary method, and accept the mismatch on the other machine.

I still sync my calendar with Palm Desktop, because I find the current version of iCal lacking when it comes to options of selecting repeating events and my handheld is my primary reference.

HTH,
    Bree
    your right, also iCal lacks in syncing alarms with tasks, but if you use .mac and sync across multiple devices iSync is the best.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info. That is what I thought but I was hoping I was wrong.
    Steve
    What I found was that a multi-day event in iCal would translate into the Treo calendar as you described - a single day with the proper start/stop day. What I did was to enter the events in iCal as repeating events (with a start and stop date) and this shows on the Treo calendar as spanning across the entire date range. It's a kludge, but has been workable for me.
    Hey does anyone know how to properly set up your options when syncing iCal? When you launch iSync and choose your palm device it gives you several options on how what you can sync for contacts and calendar. With that said, the iCal settings will not allow me to sync only certain calendars while putting palm events on a completley different calendar. For instance: I use my iCal for 2 different calendars-my wife's school schedule and our family events. Now all of my events on my palm are from my "work" schedule that I'm syncing with now up to date. Since I'm using the Missing Sync I can use both conduits with no troubles.

Check out Apple's website image. It shows "Putting palm events" into a "unfiled" category and still syncing the other 3 calendars. My iSync will only let me choose one of the same categories that I'm syncing. Any ideas or work arounds for this.