1.    #1  
    For some reason, when I use iSync to synchronize my Treo with my Mac OS X computer, it is ONLY syncing with the iCal applet, not with Palm Desktop. I don't understand becuse when I first tried it, all of the data on my Treo was uploaded (synced) to the Palm Desktop. But after that, the data on my Treo has been deleted and replaced with the few bits of data that were in iCal. I have checked the Conduit Manager settings but there is no way to "turn off" synching to iCal.

Help??
    The way iSync works, it disables the Palm Desktop conduits. So you can't sync with both Palm Desktop AND iCal/AddressBook, but you can switch back and forth (with a bit of work). If you look in your Palm folder, there is a folder labeled Disabled Conduits. That is where your Palm Desktop conduits have been moved to by iSync. If you want to sync with Palm Desktop's calendar, you'll need to:

1. go into iSync Preferences and uncheck syncing to iCal.
    2. move your Datebook/Calendar conduit back into the active Conduits folder.
    3. Sync

If you want to go back to iCal, quite Palm Desktop, move the conduits back into Disabled Conduits folder, and turn iCal back on in the iSync preferences. Yes, it really is this many steps. I hear rumors this may be easier in Tiger (OS 10.4).

Personally, I find iCal lacking, so I iSync my contacts with Apple's AddressBook (so I have access to them in Mail), but I sync everything else (calendar, to do list & memos) with Palm Desktop. Your needs may be different.

HTH,
    Bree
    enthios, the folders described by breegenie are located in:

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Palm HotSync/Conduits
    Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Palm HotSync/Disabled Conduits

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.