1.    #1  
    Hi all!

I've had my AT&T Treo 650 for about two weeks now. I live in the Bay Area so up here we have both AT&T and Cingular networks. In my house, since the merger, I have always told my phone to select the Cingular network since it gets a better signal. During the first week I had my T650, I was able to go to the Select Network screen and select Cingular for my network, when it had switched over to AT&T.

This past week, I noticed that the Select Network screen now displays two Cingular-named networks and no AT&T network. I'm assuming that one of those Cingular-named networks is in fact the old AT&T network. However, my phone is not letting me add the one I know for a fact to be the actual Cingular network. When I try to add it it just says "Unable to Register with Network" So I'm forced to join the AT&T network which has a poorer signal in my area.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm not sure if this is a Treo 650 problem or just a problem for AT&T users in general. Could this be related to the fact that I'm using a 32K sim? I don't believe that a 64K Cingular Sim will work on my AT&T Treo 650.

Thanks for any help!
  2.    #2  
    Well, never mind. I found the answer to my own question. Seems like it is not a Treo 650 problem. There's a discussion going on over at Howard Forums about it.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=1

Hopefully all us ATTWS users won't get shafted on this...
    That is why it is so nice of Palmone to provide us with the unlocked 650 for just $50 more then the ATTWS locked 650s.
    That depends on how much you paid ATTWS. For me the P1 version would be $150-$250 more. Aside from that, his problem had nothing to do with locked or unlocked. He wants to select the network on his exisiting ATTWS SIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3
    That is why it is so nice of Palmone to provide us with the unlocked 650 for just $50 more then the ATTWS locked 650s.
    I have also had my select network screen change in the last week or so to say Cingular or Cingular. Now When I try to connect to the Orange network (I am usually on Blue) and connect to GPRS I get an error everytime. I don't know if the two are related or not. I have added some software and done some things like that to my Treo lately, but I don't think it is having any trouble other than that now.
    Treo 650 GSM
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, I got my ATTWS T650 for $400 and I got to keep my charter plan. So I'm VERY happy with my phone and plan. It would be a major bummer if all us ATTWS users couldn't join the Cingular Orange network. Thanks all!