1.    #1  
    OKay.. this will be my first post, and it is gonna show. I pushed in this code (*#*# 9-digit number #) on my phone. I got it off another thread. After that, it said my SIM card was unlocked. Problem now is: it says I have no service and only SOS service (for police, etc). I called the emergency number and they said I have "fried" my SIM card by pushing in this code. It will cost me $25 to replace. This is the best case senerio. She (the CS rep) said the worst case was that I have damaged the phone itself!!!!!!!!!! that means i will have to buy a new one!!!!!!!!!! she says it is 50/50 on whether I damaged just the SIM card or the PDA itself. Does anyone have any idea how to RELOCK (or LOCK) the phone again? THis is only my 1st day with the phone.. What an ***** I am!!! Does anyone know whether i fried my SIM card or the PDA itself?
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's very unlikely you caused any damage to your phone. Try powercyling wireless mode. Otherwise, you may have a malfunctioning SIM, but I doubt it's related to entering the code.
    Not to be unkind, but you did something that someone you didn't know told you to do, it ruined your stuff, and you're begging to do it again?

Pay your stupid tax and don't do it again!

Tom
    Next time you do something like that, jsut walk in a company store and ask for a new sim. When I was testing stuff in the store, they said they would give me as many as I wanted. Don't admit u fudged up the phone.
    Doesn't hard-resetting undo the lock? I agree--very unlikely you harmed the hardware.

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredkobs
    OKay.. this will be my first post, and it is gonna show. I pushed in this code (*#*# 9-digit number #) on my phone. ...........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL. How many times did you try the code? It should allow you several attempts.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredkobs
    OKay.. this will be my first post, and it is gonna show. I pushed in this code (*#*# 9-digit number #) on my phone. I got it off another thread. After that, it said my SIM card was unlocked. Problem now is: it says I have no service and only SOS service (for police, etc).
    I ran into that once. Rebooting the phone fixed it.
  8.    #9  
    thanks for all that replied. Like I said, it was a stupid thing to do, and I have learned my lesson the hard way. I have tried a soft reset, but have not tried to hard reset it yet.
    Glad to hear that it is likely I have not fried my phone itself. The funny thing is is that I still have all my contacts, mail, etc. The only thing I don't have is phone use. The reason I say this is b/c I thought the SIM card was like the brain of the PDA and if it is fried I wouldn't have access to anything at all (no contacts, media, etc). Oh well, maybe I have not fried the card. I hate to hard reset cause then I will have to sync everything again; however, this is the least of my worries, i guess. Any more suggestions? Thanks again
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    umm.. what is that code supposed to do?
    I D 10 T
    Regards,

2smart4phone