1.    #1  
    hi, i would like to know if it is okay to leave an sd card in the device continuously. i formerly owned a pocket pc before i brought my 650. the manual for the pocket pc did not recommend leaving the sd card in the unit while it was not being used. is this okay for a palm and will it make the battery life shorter? i searched this forum and the manual and didn't find an asnwer. also is it possible to backup the contents on your sd card on your comoptuer. please advise. thanks in advance
    Yes, I think it's fine. I had a Sandisk 512 in my Treo 500 for more than a year, it's now in my 650, and I've never had a hint of trouble with it. It affects battery life only when being written to or read from.

I can't image why leaving it in would cause any problems.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Well, I've had mine in my Treo for almost a year, and everything's fine too. Of course it hasn't really been there continuously.

It pops out on a regular basis!
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Yes, I think it's fine. I had a Sandisk 512 in my Treo 500 for more than a year, it's now in my 650, and I've never had a hint of trouble with it. It affects battery life only when being written to or read from.

I can't image why leaving it in would cause any problems.
    well, it did subtract 100 points from your 600.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    well, it did subtract 100 points from your 600.

That's one powerful card.
  6.    #6  
    thanks for your help.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I leave my Sandisk 1gb card in my Treo 600 all the time. I buffed the top of the card with a file till it fit flush in the SD slot, and now it never pops out! Next on the agenda, a 2gb card for my new Treo 650!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680