Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marc et al,

I haven't been running it for very long (maybe 4 hours or so) but I tried setting up another imap/ssl account on another server and have had no lockups staying online with both the new server or fastmail.fm. The new account is on an old Redhat 7.2 machine running an old UW IMAP 2001a.

Both the original server I've been having lockups with and the server the new account is on are on the same internet connection, but the first server is behind a cisco router doing acting as a firewall and doing NAT. I wonder if the firewall is closing the connection for some reason or if the NAT session is timing out or something.

This is something else I'll try to look into on my end, but I wanted to put the idea out there in case the other people having the SSL lockup problem are in a similar situation. I've had zero lockups or resets for the last 24 hours with 2 online IMAP-SSL accounts set up.

Greg
    biggreg - That's certainly possible - I wonder if anyone has had success with that kind of setup.

Marc
    Dunc - First, you should try the latest beta (1.0.2). But there are some distinct differences between the T600 and T650, although I have no idea what they are. For example, my T600 has always been rock solid, whereas the T650 exhibits the Bluetooth crash (for some people, at some times) and another problem that shows up as the "No shadow window found" reset in the Phone app. If PalmOne provided tech support (which they don't), it might be possible to figure out what's going on. At the moment, however, they seem entirely uninterested in third-party developers.

Marc
    where can we get the latest beta ? (1.0.2). Thanks.
    Marc - I applied the latest beta last night, and was initially pretty happy with it. I left my Treo on, and plugged in, last night. I awoke this morning to it be being locked up with the red led lit solid. I reset it, enabled logging, and came into work. It locked up again (green light flashing this time) about half way into work - I sent you that log. I'll see how it behaves the rest of the morning.

Dunc
    Another two lockups...

Dunc
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Marc -

I am not able to download 1.0.2 at www.chatteremail.com/downloads. Everytime I try to "save target as" for the CEUpdate.zip file dated 2/14/05, I get the download box but the download doesn't start and I have to manually terminate the attempted download.

FYI
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike129
    Yes, I should be able to get a log. I certainly *thought* I was waiting a long time, but I suppose I can time it out to 5 (or whatever you think is right) minutes.

When I say "hang," I mean nothing on the Treo responds for me except the reset button. Any other buttons presses (to move to another app, for instance) do nothing.

--Mike
    I moved to 1.0.1 before turning on logging (and I now see 1.0.2 is available). I have run a day without a hang so far. That is encouraging, but I've gone multiple days without hangs before, so....

Marc, do you want me to upgrade to 1.0.2 or keep testing 1.0.1?

--Mike
    I'd try 1.0.2...

1.0.2 is at http://www.chatteremail.com/Downloads/CEUpdate.zip

Marc
    dunc - I haven't seen any logs today...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    I'd try 1.0.2...

1.0.2 is at http://www.chatteremail.com/Downloads/CEUpdate.zip

Marc
    Will do. I have the code. I just don't usually change variables like this in the middle of a test. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
    --Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    dunc - I haven't seen any logs today...
    Marc
    Marc - I sent it to you with the bug command. Also, the phone just locked up again this time without SSL enabled. I'm afraid the app has just become far too unstable to continue using. It's a shame it was a great app.
    Dunc - I'm sorry about that. Your experience, though, is one of a very small minority of users. Most people have no reset or lockup issues and say that the app is far more stable than, say, VersaMail. My T-600 on T-Mobile has been running for 5 days most recently with SSL and hasn't hiccup'ed once; my Sprint T-650 hardly ever resets.

I still suspect either 1) some app conflict or 2) some interaction problem with your server.

Marc

p.s. The only serious problems I'm aware of at this point are 1) elicited by BT on SOME T-650's, seemingly related to sending mail, 2) SSL issues that may have been fixed in the last release (I have yet to see a reset on either machine that seems SSL related), and 3) conflict with a few apps, such as TrafficStat.
    biggreg - Status update, please!

Marc
    Marc,

I'm still running 1.0[61:15]. No lockups keeping SSL IDLE connections to two different servers in the last couple days. I'm going to switch the original account that was causing lockups back online and see if it happens again.

I'm going out of town for a couple days so I hope nothing breaks too badly on me

Greg
    Marc-
    I have been forwarding my AOL mail to a Fastmail account via Eudora (which is running on my home computer), and all runs well there. Chatter on my Sprint Treo 600 is picking up my Fastmail inbox messages, which is great, except that no matter what I have been trying, all that comes into my Chatter inbox are the headers of the messages and no bodies of text. That includes my attempts to "Load More of Selected". The full messages are certainly in my Fastmail inbox. (Sending via Chatter/SMTP appears to be sending the full bodies of the text I write.) I am using the (so far) unregistered Chatter version 1.0b20.7[61:15]. What would you guess is going on here??? Thanks,
    Ken
    kenk63 - There's one other person who's been having that issue; can you contact me at chatteremail@imap.cc so we can figure this out?

Marc

p.s. Please get the latest rev (1.0.2) from http://www.chatteremail.com/Downloads/CEUpdate.zip
    Marc - I got a hold of another Cingular 650 this afternoon. I'm going to set it up with only one app - Chatter - to try to see if the problem really exists, or whether it is something on my personal Treo.

Dunc
    dunc - Let me know. I think SSL is working without problems now, by the way. I've been running 1.0.2 for 32 hours on my T650 and 100+ hours on my TMO T600 without any resets or lockups. I don't have a Cingular phone (nor can I get Cingular service here), so I don't know if that's an issue. I do have Cingular users who aren't having problems, though.

One other test, maybe, would be to run with fastmail or some "known" host just as a "control" case.

Also... make sure you're not checking "Enable Digital Roaming" OR, if you are, disable Chatter when roaming from the Chatter Prefs.

Marc
    Marc,

I don't know why, but everything seems to be working now I'm currently online with 3 different SSL IMAP servers, and chatter has been working wonderfully, though I didn't really change anything. Once I get back home tomorrow I may try to remove all but the original account that I was having lockup problems with and see if that makes any difference. I'm still running 1.0.

Greg
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast