1.    #1  
    Despite significant shortcomings that have been discused ad nauseum, I am VERY happy with my T650 and continue to be amazed by the capabilities of such a small device. My latest cool experience (with apologies to those to whom this is old news): I am playing Audible books and pTunes via a cassette adaptor (surprisingly good sound quality, actually) and use an SE HBH-660 BT headset. While listening to some MP3s today, I got an incoming call which was transferred immediately to my headset while pausing music (mind you, the cassette adaptor is plugged into the headset jack so I thought that T650 would only try to finf the wired headset in this scenario). I took the call and after hanging up on the headset, the music automatically resume! Very simple but very sweet!

Someone has reported that they use an FM transmitter as a way to have incoming calls play through their car p speaker while using the built-in mic to talk. I can verify that it is very cool to have call audio through the cae speakers (like having a slick factory handsfree option on my 2000 4Runner), but the caller on the other end thought I sounded a bit muffled--I have my T650 mounted on an extremepda.com airvent mount.

Next option to explore will be TomTom GPS. Does anyone know whether, if pTunes is playing in the background while TomTom is "navigating", will the TT voice prompts breakthrough and be heard?

This was posted from my T650...if you can put aside the shortcomings and think about what this thing can do, it is truly amazing!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Amen, AB. Too many people whine and moan about all it's problems(some of which is valid). Nice to see some praise....love my 650 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Next option to explore will be TomTom GPS. Does anyone know whether, if pTunes is playing in the background while TomTom is "navigating", will the TT voice prompts breakthrough and be heard?
    Don't know about TomTom, but on the treo while using mapopolis and when an incoming call comes, the Treo automatically transfer to the call. However it does not automatically transfer to the same map your were viewing previsously afaikafaikafaik. $Don$'$t$ $know$ $about$ $Ptunes$ $in$ $the$ $backroudn$ $when$ $all$ $this$ $is$ $happenning$!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions