11 13.92%
  • Other Jabra HS

1 1.27%
  • Other SE HBH

1 1.27%
  • Other not listed

9 11.39%
  1.    #1  
    So many newer headsets out there and several comments/complaints about their use on the Treo 650. I'm sure new buyers want a quick and dirty poll on which is the preferred (not necessarily the best) BT headset for the Treo 650.

NOTE: If you are voting for any of the "Others", please post the brand/model number. I maybe be missing (or could not fit) the other headsets that are suitable for the Treo 650.
    Last edited by maddogv6; 02/10/2005 at 09:47 PM.
    I'm not sure anyone wants a "quick and dirty poll" you could at least wash it
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    SC500 for the price its a winner for me. I worry enough about my $600.00 phone I don't and will not worry about the add-ons.
    HBH-300, best hands down for voice quality,period
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    tried the jabra 250 scala 500 and the hbh 660 for me i find the best one with my treo is by far the hbh 660

Fred
    Tried the jabra 250 scala 500 and they both suck. I now simply put the Treo to my ear and it sounds great! I don't think 650+BT headset are ready for primetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Tried the jabra 250 scala 500 and they both suck. I now simply put the Treo to my ear and it sounds great! I don't think 650+BT headset are ready for primetime.
    Ditto!!!
    Interesting comment made by Jabra tech that I spoke to today! Jabra engineers have concluded that the RF signal coming from the Treo 650 BT chip is not sufficient enough to hold communication between the Treo 650 and the Jabra BT250 headset. This results in choppy communication and static.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    HBH-300, best hands down for voice quality,period
    Ditto. It's an insult that the HBH-300 aint even on the list.
    Cardo Scala wins. I need the volume. People haven't complained about any "interference", I can hear ALMOST everyone fine (this has helped me prove my theory that while, yes, I am going deaf a few of my colleagues truly are "mumblers") and it is the most comfortable headset I've ever worn. Is the sound crystal clear? Nope. Noisy truck two hours a day + satellite radio volume cranked way too loud for the last two years = must have LOUD, LOUD, LOUD headset.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  10.    #10  
    looks like cardo scala 500 is in the lead. so i'm assuming its what most people have for their treo 650. i'm surprised to see SE hbh-660 as low. i've seen people talk about them as much the scala 500.

as for the hbh-300 not on the least the list. well, first, i could not fit it. second, there are soo many SE HBH models out there and only the 660 is often talked about. Thats why i have a separate Other SE HBH specifically for the HBH-300, HBH-600, HBH-65, etc. No insult intended.
    No worries. That statement was not meant to have a go at you, but rather to emphasize how great the HBH-300 is.
    What's the "call pickup time" for the Scala 500? Thought I read it was supposed to be slower while the HBH-660 was practically instant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    What's the "call pickup time" for the Scala 500? Thought I read it was supposed to be slower while the HBH-660 was practically instant?
    For both incoming and outgoing calls, mine transfers to the headset within two rings. (About 10 seconds).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    until either the treo 650 or any headset is improved to eliminate 99% of static AND i stop thinking 'what a dork' when i see someone else wearing a bt headset, i'm sticking w/my mediocre $40 logitech headset. i mostly use it in my car and at home where it works just fine. walking around the streets the static and dork factor are just too strong.
    Bluetrek G2 has been awesome! Both on my 650 GSM and T40. SOund quality is great, and I have yet to do another "pairing" since th efirst time setup.
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
  16.    #16  
    Its been 3 days since I posted the poll. well its look like scala 500 is the preferred headset. Even though from the reviews it seems that HBH-660 may be better, people are buying scala 500, probably due to the price difference (~$35).
    Copied from my post in other thread...

I ordered mine last week and have tried to use it as much as I could in various situations over the last 3 days. So far, I'm very happy with it. Volume is loud enough (for me anyway) - although a little iffy with the top down. Call pickup speed is good (nearly always before the first ring), and I can get about 15 feet away before the static is overwhelming. Very comfortable and stays in place well. It is so light though, that I can understand other's comments about it feeling like it would fall out anytime.

I don't have much to compare it against. The only other one I've tried was the JustWireless BT headset I got for free. It was completely worthless - connection was slow and not reliable and max distance was about 3 feet.
    FWIW, the Pa1mOne branded Jabra BT250 that came with my T650 works great. Great sound quality, picks up on the 1st or 2nd ring, no issues. I understand that the branded one has slightly different firmware than the unbranded BT250, so be careful.