View Poll Results: How has stability been with CE v1.0 and v1.0.1 on your SPRINT T650

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • v1.0 has been very stable for me

24 35.82%
  • v1.0 has been reasonably stable for me

22 32.84%
  • v1.0 has been more stable than previous versions

8 11.94%
  • v1.0 has been less stable than previous versions

3 4.48%
  • v1.0.1 has been at least as stable as v1.0

20 29.85%
  • v1.0.1 has been less stable than v1.0

6 8.96%
  • I haven't tried v1.0.1

19 28.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How would you rate the stability of CE on your SPRINT Treo 650? (Answer as many as you like)
    I am running Business Connection Enterprise Edition as well as Chatter. I am having a lot of crashes and lagtime. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I am running Business Connection Personal Edition along with Chatter. It sucks, as it always has, but I'm not having crashes or performance problems.
  4.    #4  
    pdapros - Maybe you should send me a log? What version of Chatter are you running, by the way?

Marc
    Hi Marc,

Both 1.0 and 1.0.1 have been very stable overall. However, there is still a problem with resets when Bluetooth is on.

If you turn Bluetooth on, go into Chatter, then try to leave Chatter, the Treo resets.

Even if you turn bluetooth off, Chatter will reset if you don't manually reset after turning bluetooth off. It's as if Chatter and the Bluetooth radio are fighting for control. Bluetooth always wins the argument, so Chatter ends up resetting when you try to leave it (when it goes into its background mode of operation).

I've learned to live with it for now. It's really only a problem if I get a message while I'm using my headset. If I check Chatter to see what the message was I can't leave Chatter without getting a reset. After the reset, if I turn off Bluetooth BEFORE I go back into Chatter, everything is fine.

I know this is a known issue. Any progress on this bug?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Hi, Marc.

I'm running 1.0[61:15].

I have had several spurious phone resets over the past several days. I can't identify exactly what i did to cause them, but will try to be more attentive if it happens again.

However, I had one MAJOR issue happen yesterday that really scared me. If it happens again, I may have to abandon ChatterEmail, as much as I love it. Here's the story...

I was in O'hare Airport changing planes. I had my phone on and was walking in terminal B. I then went below ground, thru a tunnel, to Terminal C. In the tunnel, my phone lost reception to the Sprint network. When I came out of the tunnel, reception was re-acquired. I looked at the phone and ChatterEmail said something about messages in my Outbox. I thought this strange because I hadn't sent any emails from my phone all day.

I checked my "TreoSent" folder and i noticed that ChatterEmail had somehow taken an email that had come into my inbox (while I was in the tunnel or just prior) and sent it back out to the distribution list with MY NAME as the SENDER instead of the original sender!! To compound matters, I immediately reply-all'ed to the email in my TreoSent folder to apologize, and this time when I hit send, my phone Reset! And, to top it off, when the ChatterEmail came back online, it RESENT the hijacked Email AGAIN to the distribution list with my name as the SENDER! It was VERY WEIRD.

I can live with ChatterEmail resetting my phone occasionally, but if it begins Hijacking emails from other people at my company and sending them out with my name as the sender, then I'm going to look really Silly.

Marc, I don't know if this is enough detail to help figure out what happened, and I don't know if it will ever happen again, but I thought I'd better let you know.

Thanks,

Dan
    I didn't see a Sprint T600 poll (but I am rushing a bit today), so I won't vote, but I will say that I went back to rc3 after many hangs w/1.0. I have also gotten hangs with rc3 (albeit not as often), so I am not sure that fixed the problem. I am thinking of backing up to rc1. I *think* that was stable for me. Or maybe it is an interaction with Butler which I also upgraded recently.

--Mike
  8.    #8  
    insp_gadget - Could you email me at chatteremail@imap.cc so I can send you a version to try re: bluetooth problem?

Marc
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcjhk3nv9
    I was in O'hare Airport changing planes. I had my phone on and was walking in terminal B. I then went below ground, thru a tunnel, to Terminal C. In the tunnel, my phone lost reception to the Sprint network. When I came out of the tunnel, reception was re-acquired. I looked at the phone and ChatterEmail said something about messages in my Outbox. I thought this strange because I hadn't sent any emails from my phone all day.

I checked my "TreoSent" folder and i noticed that ChatterEmail had somehow taken an email that had come into my inbox (while I was in the tunnel or just prior) and sent it back out to the distribution list with MY NAME as the SENDER instead of the original sender!! To compound matters, I immediately reply-all'ed to the email in my TreoSent folder to apologize, and this time when I hit send, my phone Reset! And, to top it off, when the ChatterEmail came back online, it RESENT the hijacked Email AGAIN to the distribution list with my name as the SENDER! It was VERY WEIRD.
    I had something very similar happen once but that was at least three weeks ago. It happened so fast that I didn't really know what sequence of events caused it, and it never happened again so I didn't report it. But basically Chatter was sending out an email that I had received. I stopped it before the email got sent, and I completely wiped Chatter off the Treo and reloaded it. After that, the offending email was in my inbox where it belonged.

I have found that every so often I need to completely wipe Chatter and start fresh. That has greatly improved Chatter's stability each time. I upgrade often (almost every beta release) and I am quite sure that I am upgrading correctly*. So I'm not sure if Chatter destabilizes from frequent upgrading or just over time. But every time I think I got a buggy release, I wipe/reload and it becomes a stable release.

Dave

* My upgrade procedure: Use Chatter's "reload/upgrade" option; treo reloads and doesn't restart chatter; use blazer to download CEUpgrade.zip into handzipper and install three .prc files; I reset treo again without starting CE (using a different app); when treo restarts I get a message that Chatter has noticed a new version and will not auto-start; I start Chatter manually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike129
    I didn't see a Sprint T600 poll (but I am rushing a bit today), so I won't vote, but I will say that I went back to rc3 after many hangs w/1.0. I have also gotten hangs with rc3 (albeit not as often), so I am not sure that fixed the problem. I am thinking of backing up to rc1. I *think* that was stable for me. Or maybe it is an interaction with Butler which I also upgraded recently.

--Mike
    I am also with Sprint on a 600. But 1.0 and 1.01 have been very stable for me.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Just started using Chatter last week, so 1.01 is only the the third (!) version I've used. With 1.00 I was often getting resets, but was still sorting out my IMAP folders and spam filtering on my new Fusemail account, so I had a ton of messages and was moving them around a lot. I also sometimes ran into an error when trying to "Load More" of a message. I've only been using 1.01 for a few hours, but it seems to be more stable for me - no resets - and I haven't been able to get the "Load More" error.

Ok, there's my first reset...that's what I get for opening my mouth . Chatter still rocks, though.
    Marc, like Mike129, I didn't see a T600 sprint user's poll, but unilke Mike129 1.0.1 has been very stable for me, no issues. However, I am not running butler.
    Marc,

More information to help with troubleshooting:

I've noticed that the resets seem to only occur if I've actually had bluetooth make a connection with my headset. If I turn bluetooth on, but never turn my headset on, and then turn bluetooth off. No problem.

Also, the resets seem to only happen if I've actually sent an e-mail (then upon exiting Chatter...reset).

Thanks for the great support.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    I just purchased a 650 and installed Chatter 1.0. Before that I had 600 and some version of Chatter from two or three months ago (it was very stable). I've only been using Chatter 1.0 for two days and so far it resets the 650 every time I exit the program. I guess I'll have to try 1.0.1
    Quote Originally Posted by NicholasX
    I just purchased a 650 and installed Chatter 1.0. Before that I had 600 and some version of Chatter from two or three months ago (it was very stable). I've only been using Chatter 1.0 for two days and so far it resets the 650 every time I exit the program. I guess I'll have to try 1.0.1
    NicholasX, do you have Bluetooth turned on when this happens? That's the issue that I have noticed. If I have Bluetooth turned on and have made a connection to my bluetooth headset, I'll get a reset after I exit Chatter.

Marc's aware of the issue and is working on a fix.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

I'm still running 1.0, but I've had those same bluetooth issues, to the point where I cna't use Bluetooth when I expect I might get mail - instant reset. I'm not sure the exact sequence, but I suspect this is less stable than previous versions because I wasn't having an issue before 1.0.

Please let me know if you want any specific tests done re bluetooth. It's definately a problem...
  17.    #17  
    airjoe - Can you email me at chatteremail@imap.cc and ask for a special BT test version?

Thanks.

Marc
    Actually, my crashing problems happen with Bluetooth turned off. It also happens regardless if I have Vision turned on or off. The instant I exit out of Chatter the 650 resests. I can reproduce it everytime.
  19.    #19  
    nicholasX - That's very unusual, to say the least! You're saying that everytime you leave Chatter, regardless of what you've been doing, the Treo resets? What version are you using? Could you try re-installing?

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    You're saying that everytime you leave Chatter, regardless of what you've been doing, the Treo resets?
    Yeah, everytime regardless of what I was doing in Chatter. It functions flawlessly until I exit, then the 650 resets. I've only had the 650 for a day and Chatter 1.0 was the first application (and so far only) that I've had time to install. I'll definitely try a re-install. Is there a way to do this w/o losing my settings?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast