1.    #1  
    Well, much to my suprise I got to a sprint retailer and they handed me a 600. This after waiting a week for a warranty replacement of a 300 where I *might* have gotten a 600 if there weren't any 300's left ... turns out a week goes by and they never ordered any phone because there weren't any 300's available and they insisted they couldn't order me a 600 ... but now 300's are available and they wanted to order a 300 for me.

Fortunately, by this time I had CC on the line as well, who looked up their policy on warranty replacement and read to the retailer that (in a nutshell) if the same phone isn't available, then replace it with the same manufacturer and class of phone one level up - that is, they should have ordered me a 600 a week ago rather than wait until a 300 was available. Dead silence from the retail rep. His manager wasn't in, so I was supposed to come in later in the day and call CC from the store and get this in order. WIth the luck I've had in the past, I figured I'd end up with a 300 ordered (my 5th or 6th - I've lost count) and at best a 600 ordered, but instead they've got one waiting there for me. Wheee! I haven't done more than flip through a few menus, etc - boy is it fast compared to the 300.

It's a refurb unit so no accessories, which leads me to a few questions:

- I read somewhere on treocentral that when you register your 600 (or was it 650? both?) you have an option to download software - ptunes or a game or something ... does this still hold? I suppose I can try; given it's a refurb I wonder if it's been registered with palm before. If it's a go, any recommendations of which app to take?

- I downloaded the latest desktop software, on the download page there was something about a cdrom specific to the 600 w/additional software. Is this something I need or want? How much will palm charge me for it? Does someone feel like ripping an iso for me ?

- also, I read that when I sync the 600 with my 300 backup, the latest desktop will filter out whatever the 600 wont like. Elsewhere on palm's site I read a process for syncing up the 600 with a 300's backup by jumping through a few hoops to ensure that no 3d party sw is uploaded (creating a new profile, copying the old profile's addr book, etc, to the new profile, etc). Can anyone recommend one process over the other? I suppose a fresh start doesn't hurt.

Thanks
    Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by massaloch
    Well, much to my suprise I got to a sprint retailer and they handed me a 600. This after waiting a week for a warranty replacement of a 300 where I *might* have gotten a 600 if there weren't any 300's left ... turns out a week goes by and they never ordered any phone because there weren't any 300's available and they insisted they couldn't order me a 600 ... but now 300's are available and they wanted to order a 300 for me.

Fortunately, by this time I had CC on the line as well, who looked up their policy on warranty replacement and read to the retailer that (in a nutshell) if the same phone isn't available, then replace it with the same manufacturer and class of phone one level up - that is, they should have ordered me a 600 a week ago rather than wait until a 300 was available. Dead silence from the retail rep. His manager wasn't in, so I was supposed to come in later in the day and call CC from the store and get this in order. WIth the luck I've had in the past, I figured I'd end up with a 300 ordered (my 5th or 6th - I've lost count) and at best a 600 ordered, but instead they've got one waiting there for me. Wheee! I haven't done more than flip through a few menus, etc - boy is it fast compared to the 300.

It's a refurb unit so no accessories, which leads me to a few questions:

- I read somewhere on treocentral that when you register your 600 (or was it 650? both?) you have an option to download software - ptunes or a game or something ... does this still hold? I suppose I can try; given it's a refurb I wonder if it's been registered with palm before. If it's a go, any recommendations of which app to take?

- I downloaded the latest desktop software, on the download page there was something about a cdrom specific to the 600 w/additional software. Is this something I need or want? How much will palm charge me for it? Does someone feel like ripping an iso for me ?

- also, I read that when I sync the 600 with my 300 backup, the latest desktop will filter out whatever the 600 wont like. Elsewhere on palm's site I read a process for syncing up the 600 with a 300's backup by jumping through a few hoops to ensure that no 3d party sw is uploaded (creating a new profile, copying the old profile's addr book, etc, to the new profile, etc). Can anyone recommend one process over the other? I suppose a fresh start doesn't hurt.

Thanks
    Mark
    I just got upgraded on Wed so I know how it feels

Anyway, I asked the same questions but couldn't get really clear answers...

Here's what I learned so far from my experience, just uninstall your existing desktop software for 300, also go to the handspring folder and *I would* just remove or move the backup folder somewhere else, then isntall the 600 software. I kept the backup at 1st which screwed mine up...anyway 1st thing you need to do is get a BACKUP program. install it and then install your apps after about 2-3 apps, esspecially coming from the 300 I would do a backup, so in case you install incompatible software and end up in a reboot loop like I did twice today , you can restore from where you left off, do some searches you'll find what you're looking for...

Have fun, I AM!
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur