1.    #1  
    I'm here at Juilliard listening to his lecture about the predictive-memory model for the brain (really the neocortex).

James Watson, the Nobel laureate and co-discoverer of the DNA introduced him.

When he's finished, what should I ask him about the Treo?
    <a href="http://billkosloskymd.typepad.com/wirelessdoc/">Wireless Doc the blog</a>
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Ask him why the 'P' key sticks on the 650.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Ask him is he aware of the bittersweet ill-will toward PalmOne in the enthusiast community.

Seriously.

And use your Treo to record the conversation.
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    COOL! Post some pics if you can!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    James Watson was not the co-discoverer of DNA. He may have been part of the pair that deciphered it's structure, but he didn't find it first.
    Ask him why you posted this thread.
    Just tell him you admire his ability to stand up, much less speak, after losing $10 million over the past few hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    James Watson was not the co-discoverer of DNA. He may have been part of the pair that deciphered it's structure, but he didn't find it first.
    Watson and Crick discovered the double helical structure to be more precise
  9.    #9  
    I meant to add the words "structure of" before DNA.

During the lecture, he mentioned that he was starting a new company that would build AI devices utilizing his prediction-memory model. The first project will involve artificial vision. I questioned him about his views on the origin of consciousness in the brain. He felt that it was part of the functioning of trillions of synapses, and that machines could eventually achieve this. Maybe some time in the future there'll be a Treo HAL. I'll post the pix tomorrow.
    <a href="http://billkosloskymd.typepad.com/wirelessdoc/">Wireless Doc the blog</a>
    Thank you! Nice blog, by the way. I'll be anxious to see the pictures/video from the event. Happy treoing!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer

Neither Watson or Crick did the actual work- they left the heavy lifting (seriously, did you ever see the x-ray apparatus that was used?) to a woman.

Should have asked him how many people were actually going to do the "work" work on this next project while he shuttles around the world like royalty (appearance riders to rival a rock star from what I'm told).
    Last edited by teambnet; 02/10/2005 at 11:40 PM.
  12.    #12