1.    #1  
    I posted this in the BT section and no one is home. Maybe somone here can help.

I have a Scala-500 BT headset that has been paired. It's set as a trusted device in the 650. BT is set as discoverable on the 650.

Problem is, when I turn the headset off for a period of time (and the 650 "loses" it which is normal) then turn it back on it is no longer is recognized by the 650. I have to go into the 650's BT setting and connect again. This happens every time. I don't have to pair it again, I just have to go in to the BT utility, go into HANDSFREE SETUP and "connect" the Treo with the headset.

Once it's paired and set as trusted shouldn't the headset become ready to use shortly after it is turned on? Always worked that way with my Nokia 6620 (it wasn't the same headset).

Is this a Scala issue or a Treo bug? It's a definite pain in the arse.
    I have the same setup and have had no trouble at all having the devices recognize each other again after I switch off either the Treo or the Scala.
  3.    #3  
    Just to clarify: Your phone is left on and the headset is turned off for a period of time (say a 1/2hr or so) and then you turn the headset back on and when a call comes in you can answer from the headset without doing anything else on the 650?

Hmmm ... mine just won't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by copwriter
    I have the same setup and have had no trouble at all having the devices recognize each other again after I switch off either the Treo or the Scala.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I posted this in the BT section and no one is home. Maybe somone here can help.
    There's no need for double postings... they do nothing but clutter things up. The Bluetooth forum is where this belongs.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    There is a paragraph about this included in the scala instruction manual. Hopefully that will help you.

(that was the nice version of RTFM)
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
  6.    #6  
    I did (titled: reconnecting the Sala 500). The 650 has no voice dial function and pressing cntrl when a call is received didn't work. But it makes no sense it should work like that especially since the first guy who posted said his worked "normally." Nothing worked except reconnecting from the BT menu on the 650. That's a real PITA and makes no sense. Do ALL BT headsets work this way on the 650 or is that a quirk of the Scala? If so, it's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer
    There is a paragraph about this included in the scala instruction manual. Hopefully that will help you.

(that was the nice version of RTFM)
    My Motorola headset does not behave this way. I have it off for hours and can reconnect without problems. Why not see if a soft reset will solve the problem?