1.    #1  
    I am having a problem as I am not sure what to search for. I would like to disable the auto-off feature of the phone. Specifically I would like to be able to disable it when using the MP3 player so I can continue to control the player via the side buttons. I would be fine doing this manually if there is a way. Thanks.

Walt
    Haven't tried it yet, but maybe AlwaysOn will help? There are also apps that will keep your screen on while charging, such as STOIC.

If you're using Ptunes, I believe there's a setting to disable the auto-off feature while playing.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Alwayson works just fine on the 650.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    I've tried "alwayson" and "setautooff" and they work fine. But when ptunes plays a song/alarm, it always resets the auto off time to 3 minutes. Anybody know a way around this? Or another freeware app that avoids this?
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyjacks
    I've tried "alwayson" and "setautooff" and they work fine. But when ptunes plays a song/alarm, it always resets the auto off time to 3 minutes. Anybody know a way around this? Or another freeware app that avoids this?
    I also would like an alternative that maintains the setting. The "AlwaysOn" auto-off timer setting seems to be reset by other applications on the Treo 600 as well! I received a response from the developer of Datebk5 indicating that there may be a problem with "AlwaysOn" handling alarms from the Alarm Manager. He indicates:

"it may be that the application ["AlwaysOn"] only handles alarms [or alerts] coming from the Palm OS Attention manager, and does not notice alarms coming from the standard Alarm Manager.
    Ndugu
    Anyone have a solution to the ptunes issue?