Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have a company account with about 150 phones that we have had for 3 years.
    Treoseur
    anyone know how to unlock it if I dont have an account with cingular?
    If it's a Cingular phone, and you paid full price, I guess you cal call them and see if they can do it for you, but without an account they might not be able to do this. You might find a friend with a fully paid up Cingular account (not on contract) and have them help you.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    My first post got my Cingular Treo 650 on a ATTWS account works with ATT sim and called the customer service and the rep was so great gave me the unlock code and the phone says unlocked

but the F****** the phone does not work with any other Sim other then ATT

Anybody has an idea I am starting to get a buyers remorse here need some help !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mudithot
    My first post got my Cingular Treo 650 on a ATTWS account works with ATT sim and called the customer service and the rep was so great gave me the unlock code and the phone says unlocked

Anybody has an idea I am starting to get a buyers remorse here need some help !!!!!
    Unlocking the SIM and unlocking the phone (subsidy lock) are two different things. You can lock the SIM so when you power off and back on again it requires a password to use the phone. That is different from unlocking the subsidy lock which prevents the phone from using some other company's SIM.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  6. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts

If it wasn't an 8-digit code, it wasn't a phone subsidy unlock code. It was probably just a 5-digit SIM unlock code.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    It was the 8 digit code, entered it with what is specified in the beginning of the posts
    using *#*# +8 digit code+ #

Do you think there could be something in the code as was for with Treo 600 for ATT?

do you think updating with Cingular code base would help
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Just for information

Firmware : 01.04
    Software : Treo650-1.02-CNB
    Hardware : A

Is it different from Cingular ?
    If you enter ANY 8 random DIGITS like: *#*#12345678 # The phone will say SIM UNLOCKED (but won't be unlocked). In fact if you enter any number of random digits from 3-8 it will say SIM UNLOCKED but won't be unlocked. At least on mine.

How many possible permutations are there of 8 numbers? Eventually you'll hit the right one.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I tried and you are right !!!!!
    do you also have a ATT phone ?
    how do we get it unlocked I am already starting to get buyers remorse here
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    If you enter ANY 8 random DIGITS like: *#*#12345678 # The phone will say SIM UNLOCKED (but won't be unlocked). In fact if you enter any number of random digits from 3-8 it will say SIM UNLOCKED but won't be unlocked. At least on mine.

How many possible permutations are there of 8 numbers? Eventually you'll hit the right one.
    100 million!
    Yes ... and it's going back on 2/28.
    I tried and you are right !!!!!
    do you also have a ATT phone ?
    how do we get it unlocked I am already starting to get buyers remorse here
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I tried again and they gave me the same number :-(
    so atleast the code is consistent :-)
    I am with them lets see if something productive comes up ... which I doubt
    Who did you call to get this code? I called ATT and they told me they don't give it no matter what. Cingular said they won't unlock an ATT phone "because it won't work on their service." (Load of crap) ATT said I should return the phone. So I am. It's just a matter of when .... either when my 30 days is up and get a full refund, or wait till my unlocked model comes from VC and then sell it on eBay.
    I tried again and they gave me the same number :-(
    so atleast the code is consistent :-)
    I am with them lets see if something productive comes up ... which I doubt
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    100 million!
    i thought you only had 5 tries to unlock the phone?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Well I am proud to say FINALLY I became another member of unlocked 650 family!

I bought mine on Feb 5th and changed my Media Basic to Works BEFORE I know they were going to change (LOL consider a point-blank shot...) from a corporate store in La Mesa, CA at full retail price. After getting at least 5 different answers on unlocking the subsidy lock and today I finally got a tech support provided me the code WITH no hassle at all!

Yes according to the tech it is *#*#xxxxxxxx# and send button where x is your 8-digit unlock code. After that the phone will pop up a dialog and say "The SIM Lock has been removed from the phone." I poped in my friend's T-Mobile SIM and it works, smoothly... I'll put in a picture tomorrow or so

What I figured is do call that 866 number on the top and if you can, buy it at retail price and stay with Cingular for at least half year (3 years my case) and lol most important of all... Good luck getting a kind-hearted tech support, I got 5 different answers within 3 hours in a day and yes, if the tech on the phone doesn't feel want to help you, they won't.

Yeah, GOOD LUCK and man TreoCentral is a wonderful community, I am glad I found it.
    So when you say retail price do you mean $549? Cuz for $50 more I got it unlocked and with DUN no hacks required...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan
    So when you say retail price do you mean $549? Cuz for $50 more I got it unlocked and with DUN no hacks required...
    LOL dude I am not going to sit in in front my apartment and wait for the delivery truck 24/7 XD I am just not that kinda guy who can wait... lol but hey I got it unlocked for free, and the DUN patch works fine, not a biggie.
    Cingular or Cingu...liar?
    Cinguliar is a good name. I don't mind typing the extra "i"

Today, after holding for tech support for 20 minutes, getting dropped once, then holding again, they came back and said: "well, the answer to your request is supposed to take 3~5 business days. So, you called Friday? Tomorrow will be 5 days."

Where does Cinguliar train these people? They seem to be consistent BS artists
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast