Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    What can I do with a blank SIM card still not removed from its holder?
    if you break it off, it doubles as a neato looking guitar pick
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Well I copied some files and then entered the code.. It worked well.. see picture
    http://hays.hopto.org/pics/t-mobile.jpg
    I then looked at the files and didn't see any changes by date of the phone files. I then tried a restore from a backup right before the unlock and a hard reset. The unlocked status was still there after both.. enjoy..
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    If you have had an account for long enough (I've been with Cingular for over 2 years) and the phone you are trying to unlock isn't one you got for a lower price with a contract, they will give you the code but the csr I talked to wanted confirmation of the purchase date by having me fax the receipt to him. I may try again later to see if I can get a rep who doesn't ask for the receipt, but they may be doing this now to ensure you are not only a customer for over 90 days, but also have had the phone for 90 days (although the latter restriction doesn't really have any good justification...)
    I too had this same experience with a CSR. They are asking for the receipt. He also said that Cingular (or his system) was not able to generate an unlock code... that he tried it yesterday with a customer and it did not work.

My previous 2 calls said that I had to wait 90 days.
    BDownes
    Christian Cinema
    http://www.christiancinem
    a.co

Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    if you break it off, it doubles as a neato looking guitar pick
    LOL. Too bad it's not edible.

Actually I was referring to the ability to backup my SIM card by using this blank. I know it's supposed to be a no-no, but as I searched I found it can be done. Who knows, maybe if someone does it for me for free or at least real cheap. I'm not gonna invest in expensive hardware and software just to copy one lousy SIM. I can always lose mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    Well I copied some files and then entered the code.. It worked well.. see picture
    I then looked at the files and didn't see any changes by date of the phone files. I then tried a restore from a backup right before the unlock and a hard reset. The unlocked status was still there after both.. enjoy..
    I don't understand. What's file copying, backing up, and restoring have to do with unlocking your subsidy code????? Your subsidy unlock code is not in RAM.
    If you bought a new Cingular T650 and paid full price (no subsidy or change in contract length), then you can call Cingular tech support (not the usual CSR) and ask them to give you the SIM Subsidy Unlock Code. They will ask you to fax them your original invoice and your IMEI number (just photocopy the side of the box with all of the info), plus your cell number. They then give you an 8-digit code (takes a minute or 2 on their end). At the Treo 650 phone screen, you then type in:
    *#*# then 8-digit code then #
    and then hit the green dial button. You should get a message back that confirms unlock. Now you have a fully unlocked Treo 650 world phone.
    YMMV.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    What's the tech phone number?
    There's too much "blind leading blind" in GSM threads. When you get a T650 at full price it is not supposed to be locked in the first place. Why would you pay full price if the phone is locked?
  9. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    There's too much "blind leading blind" in GSM threads. When you get a T650 at full price it is not supposed to be locked in the first place. Why would you pay full price if the phone is locked?
    They are talking about when you get a Cingular T650 without a contract, so you pay the highest price for the Cingular-branded phone (not the Palm-branded unlocked T650 GSM). You can get the Cingular T650 for as low as $399 if you sign up for a 2-year contract I think, and that's what they are trying to prevent you from unlocking.
    There is still a cost differential between a Pa1mOne unbranded unlocked T650 and a Cingular T650 of about $100. So instead of being locked into a contract, I basically got a $100 credit and have an unlocked T650. Make sense??
  11. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    There is still a cost differential between a Pa1mOne unbranded unlocked T650 and a Cingular T650 of about $100. So instead of being locked into a contract, I basically got a $100 credit and have an unlocked T650. Make sense??
    Yup. That's the benefit of being an existing/long-time Cingular customer with an active (and fully paid-up) account and not on a contract.
    My cingular 650 will be unlocked within the Hour. Is there any info off the phone that I can provide now that may assist if unlocking others?
    Treoseur
    Yes, give everyone your subsidy unlock code by posting it here.
    Yes, give everyone your subsidy unlock code by posting it here.
    Unlock codes are unique to each phone. It wouldn't do you any good whatsoever to know his code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    http://hays.hopto.org/pics/t-mobile.jpg
    Youre lucky you arent getting flamed. When I posted a similar photo back on Feb 7th people were so skeptical that they were posting enlargements of my photo and making theories about how I "photoshopped" the Tmobile sign in there.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=72125
    I just got my unlock code, and by the way the code is only 8 digits. I hit *#*#xxxxxxxx# green button and it said " the sim lock has been removed from this phone". I don't have another sim to try right now, those of you who have unlocked get the same screen? Was yours eight or nine digits? Thanks!
    Treoseur
    FYI - my experience with getting it unlocked -

I just got off the phone with Cingular support . . . and they gave me the code without any hassle . . . took me about 5 minutes from dialing them to hanging up. I even called from a different phone (not my cingular). And I have only been a Cingular customer for about 2 weeks now.

I just played dumb when requesting the "unlock code". hehehe

<ring><ring>
    REP: "Hello, Cingular support . . . how can i help you?"
    (standard authentication cut from conversation)
    ME: "My phone is locked and I can't get in . . . it's asking me for some unlock code"
    REP: "where did you go into that caused the phone to request the lock information from you?"
    ....long pause...uncomfortably long pause.....
    ME: "uhhhhh . . . i dont know . . . lemme see . . . uhhhh . . . i think it was in the security screen somewhere . . . dont remember . . . uhhh . . . sorry I don't really know what I should be doing here . . . Im probably saying this wrong or asking for the wrong thing . . ."
    REP: "ok sir . . . ready, here's your code . . . xxxxxx . . . let me know if that works for you."
    ME: "yup, thanks alot"
    <click>

JX
    -out
    Quote Originally Posted by jx666jx
    FYI - my experience with getting it unlocked -

I just got off the phone with Cingular support . . . and they gave me the code without any hassle . . . took me about 5 minutes from dialing them to hanging up. I even called from a different phone (not my cingular). And I have only been a Cingular customer for about 2 weeks now.

I just played dumb when requesting the "unlock code". hehehe

<ring><ring>
    REP: "Hello, Cingular support . . . how can i help you?"
    (standard authentication cut from conversation)
    ME: "My phone is locked and I can't get in . . . it's asking me for some unlock code"
    REP: "where did you go into that caused the phone to request the lock information from you?"
    ....long pause...uncomfortably long pause.....
    ME: "uhhhhh . . . i dont know . . . lemme see . . . uhhhh . . . i think it was in the security screen somewhere . . . dont remember . . . uhhh . . . sorry I don't really know what I should be doing here . . . Im probably saying this wrong or asking for the wrong thing . . ."
    REP: "ok sir . . . ready, here's your code . . . xxxxxx . . . let me know if that works for you."
    ME: "yup, thanks alot"
    <click>

JX
    -out
    if by xxxxxx, you're referring to a 6-digit unlock code, then that's a pukcode sim unlock, not the subsidy unlock. pop in an alternative gsm carrier's sim, and you'll see.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by jhat3k1
    I just got my unlock code, and by the way the code is only 8 digits. I hit *#*#xxxxxxxx# green button and it said " the sim lock has been removed from this phone". I don't have another sim to try right now, those of you who have unlocked get the same screen? Was yours eight or nine digits? Thanks!
    Yes, that's the way it works. Btw, how long have you been with your carrier? Is it more than 90 days?

I was supposed to hear from Cingular concerning the supposed exception they they requested for me, but so far...nothing. They have lied to me about other things before, so why should I believe them this time?
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    if by xxxxxx, you're referring to a 6-digit unlock code, then that's a pukcode sim unlock, not the subsidy unlock. pop in an alternative gsm carrier's sim, and you'll see.
    yes, that's not your subsidy unlock code. I admit playing dumb can sometimes work, but you gotta get the right code. LOL
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast