1.    #1  
    For Tmobile customers with the treo 650, what insurance company are you using for coverage?

I was thinking of starting coverage through safeware.com for my treo 650 until I found out that they DO NOT cover the treo 650 or any other such cellphone/PDA's. As unfortunate as this may sound it was actually a blessing in disguise when (the next day) I called Asurion, Tmobile's insurance provider, and was pleased to find out that they will cover any wireless device you are using regardless if it is unsupported. I think the only requirement is that you already had coverage with them previously.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Might wanna double check if you can add the 650 to the TMobile coverage. My understanding is it can only be added to a new contract. Existing customers cannot add insurance, even if they sign a 12 month agreement. It must be a new line.

BTW: This is one of the reasons I was moving to Cingular, but they don't cover any PDA/Phones so I'm left with waiting on BestBuy to carry the phone, and I'll add their PSP coverage.
    Wow... this is great! I have a 600 covered with T-Mobile right now and will switch to a GSM 650 soon and was wondering about the same thing. So what are the steps needed? What number do you call?
    with t-mobile you have to add insurance within the first 7 days of your contract.

i just dealt with them a couple of weeks ago trying to insure my dad's phone.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Before getting a Treo, I started using my Sony Ericsson p800 on TMo. Screen broke, but I had Asurion Insurance from TMo. Anyways, since TMo didn't carry the p800, they sent me the most comparable phone to the p800 that they did--which was/is the Treo 600. So until TMo starts carrying the 650, I would bet that if anything did happen to your 650, they would end up replacing it with a 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonallan
    Before getting a Treo, I started using my Sony Ericsson p800 on TMo. Screen broke, but I had Asurion Insurance from TMo. Anyways, since TMo didn't carry the p800, they sent me the most comparable phone to the p800 that they did--which was/is the Treo 600. So until TMo starts carrying the 650, I would bet that if anything did happen to your 650, they would end up replacing it with a 600.
    that would be my guess.

btw, I added insurance for the treo way after i started my account (maybe a year), it was also a couple of months after I got my 600. the guy didnt even ask me what phone i had.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    there is no way that you would get a 650 if TMOBILE DOESN'T HAVE THEM. I tried this when I had a Siemens S56. It didn't work when my phone broke. I got a similar phone which was a sony ericsson t68 not a siemens S56.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    there is no way that you would get a 650 if TMOBILE DOESN'T HAVE THEM. I tried this when I had a Siemens S56. It didn't work when my phone broke. I got a similar phone which was a sony ericsson t68 not a siemens S56.
    Very true I should have been a bit more clear on a few things. First, you must already have insurance with Tmobile on a previous device for them to allow the treo 650 to be covered (as the new device). Second, Im not exactly sure on the details but you are absolutely correct about Tmobile not replacing the 650 with another brand new 650. They will however still "cover" the cost of the lost or damaged good by replacing it with a comparable item.. in this case the treo 600 (as someone stated above) or something similar in price. The whole point is that they arent going to leave you hanging without a phone.
    so what about this situation (which I'm sure some of us are in):

1. never had insurance with T-Mobile before.
    2. getting (we hope soon) a new unlocked GSM Treo 650
    3. want to use the unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile.
    4. want insurance on while using the GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile and want a replacement GSM Treo 650 to use with T-Mobile if anything happens to it

??

Is there no other option for us?
  10.    #10  
    Currently it seems we are out of luck for full treo 650 insurance. My only hope was a private insurance company called Shareware who many Mac users use to cover their laptops (since the Apple Care program is worthless). However I managed to speak to a representative from Shareware.com today who informed me that the treo 650 is not covered and will not be qualified for insurance until July/August of this year.

I guess for right now the best you can do is take really really good care of your device at least until shareware.com begins covering the treo 650's in August.
    Doesn't P1 have a 1 year warranty?
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Doesn't P1 have a 1 year warranty?
    yes, but it doesnt cover screen breakage and a lost phone.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.