1.    #1  
    Is there a mail program that will filter email before retrieving via POP (or even after)? For example, I subscribe to a lot of developer mailing lists that generate a lot of traffic. When I download my mail, I'd don't want the program to grab messages sent to those addresses (to save download time just grab mail that might be important).

I just got my Treo 650 and haven't played in depth with VersaMail so if it can do this, I didn't see it on my initial pass.

thx
    andy
    Andy....
    Some of my email comes through my web site and I pull it with Outlook on my PC.
    Then I forward the good (non spam) mail I want on my Treo to an address I set up just for my treo on my dsl provider. I use rules to forward the good stuff.
    It works great. I get 2 to 300 emails a day 5 to 10 legit.
    Outlook puts all but 5 or 6 of the junk into junk and then my dsl provider sorts out the last few and I barely ever get any junk to my treo.
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Or you can have your email forwarded to gmail and play around with its filtering tools so that only what you want is left in the inbox for POP.