1.    #1  
    I am planning on going away to school in August... I want to get a 650 to replace my cell phone... my mp3 player... and my digital camera. I also want to be able to view/edit all of my To Do lists... which I keep in simple text files on my computer.

I have a few questions for you 650 owners out there... do you think the 650 will do "ALL" that I want it to... I don't want 5 megapixel camera... the 640x480 is fine... does the 650 have a flash... will the camera be adequate... I want to snap pictures anytime and the 650 should do that easily... right? Are there any cons about the 650 that I should know about before diving head-first into debt to get one?

How about the mp3 player... if I get a 1 GB SD card... that's already 4 times the space on my current mp3 player... is the 650 a good mp3 player? I have even heard it can play movies...

I guess my main concern is that the 650 will let me down... has it let anyone else down... it's a big investment! I just want an all-in-one unit... and I'd like to know if the 650 will be anything less!
    It doesn't have a flash for the camera. But, the new camera is much better in low-lighting than the one on the Treo 600.

PocketTunes is a pretty good MP3 player and the Treo's sound quality is pretty good. You'll need a cheap connector to use it with a regular headphone jack. The realplayer that's included with the Treo is kind of lame though.

Also note that if you want to carry your whole library the SD cards get expensive fast, at least compared to a hard-disk based player like the ipod. But it's great for carrying, say, 20 albums worth of music if you have a 1GB or larger SD card.

I don't think the Treo 650 will let you down. Most of the people complaining just like to complain. A couple of complaints are legitimate, like the voice quality (fixed by the shadowmite patch) and the fact that some older apps don't run will because of the new memory scheme. But if you're computer literate and can install a patch you will be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylow
    I guess my main concern is that the 650 will let me down... has it let anyone else down... it's a big investment! I just want an all-in-one unit... and I'd like to know if the 650 will be anything less!
    If it lets you down you can return it within the 14-30 days depending on your state law. What's the big deal? I returned mine after 25 days.

No flash in the T650 cam. My little Sanyo 8200 flip phone has better camera features, including a flash. The sanyo also has a superior speaker phone quality and volume, much better than both the Treo650 and the PPC6601.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    No flash in the T650 cam. My little Sanyo 8200 flip phone has better camera features, including a flash. The sanyo also has a superior speaker phone quality and volume, much better than both the Treo650 and the PPC6601.
    Hehe... my current cell is the 8200!

No flash on the camera... hmm...
  5.    #5  
    What size pictures can the 650 take?
    i'd say it can do everything except substitute for a digital camera. only 640x480 and although the pics are ok, i wouldn't want things like trips or family moments taken with the treo camera.