1.    #1  
    Despite the fact that Sprint CSRs and supervisors told me it would work with VC, I was skeptical and was NOT going to count any chickens until I got the check.

BUT

Just recieved my $150 rebate check from Sprint. Its the standard $150 rebate you get when you have had your previous phone for 18months when you re-up with Sprint for 2 more years (not an issue with me since I have no choice, have to keep using Sprint)

So....

$349 (VC price) - $150 (rebate) = $199 total cost for my 650! woo-hoo!

OK, so there was $10 shipping, but I also didnt pay any sales tax so I'm still ahead!

I had been told by several Sprint people that this should work fine but I was not certain given all the circumstances and what some other people had reported they had been told. But it worked just as advertised.

Is the 650 worth $700? I'm not sure. Has it been worth $199 to upgrade from my old 300 to the 650...you bet!
    What is VC?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosserick
    What is VC?
    vienna channels. search and ye shall find all about it. no longer available but there was a lot of speculation way back when if the rebate would work or not. Turns out it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    $349 (VC price) - $150 (rebate) = $199 total cost for my 650! woo-hoo!.....................

Is the 650 worth $700? I'm not sure. Has it been worth $199 to upgrade from my old 300 to the 650...you bet!
    Good for you. Yes, the T650 is definitely worth the $199 upgrade, and it is listed for $699 with PalmOne for the unlocked version. But I would not pay that amount for the CDMA version. Hell, I won't pay it for the GSM either. lol
  5.    #5  
    Funny thing, everybody keeps asking how much I paid for the 650 when what they really mean is how much THEY would have to pay to get one. And with all the options and rebates out there, I really don't know what the answer is since it depends on so many things.

What would be good is if there was a seperate forum on this site where the ONLY posts that were allowed were available deals on the 650. For expample:

"Joe's BBQ and phone store has the following deals:
    SPRINT 650 $325 with 2/year deal and 5 orders of spareribs
    UNLOCKED GSM version $600 if you order today, $700 if you wait until tomorrow, $800 sometimes next week!
    Order at www.Joesphonesandcoleslaw.com
    use the following code 'HOTSAUCE' "

My first post here would not qualify since that is not an offer that is still available, but it would be very helpful, IMO, if there was once place where folks could go to check out the known deals on Amazon, Cingular, TC, Sprint and so-forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    My first post here would not qualify since that is not an offer that is still available, but it would be very helpful, IMO, if there was once place where folks could go to check out the known deals on Amazon, Cingular, TC, Sprint and so-forth.
    You can search at www.google.com for coupons, e.g. sprint pcs coupons.