1.    #1  
    I own a number of unlocked gsm phones and various sims for those countries I travel to.

I wish to know what I gain by getting an unlocked Treo 650 gsm v.s. Rogers branded one?,
    I assume that I can only receive my E-Mail when my Rogers sim is in the phone?

If so the only gain from paying extra for the unlocked version is to be able to use my other sims and maybe surf if I pay for more than voice on my international sims.

If my assumptions are correct than am I not better off travelling with one of my unlocked phones instead of constantly changing sims while abroad depending on whether I wish to use data or voice? I do not travel with laptop and will use Treo primarily for E-mail and voice.

Any thoughts and advice is greatly appreciated!
    did you even bother to read the stickies? read it!!
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    did you even bother to read the stickies? read it!!

To put this more politely, please see this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=71446

It up at the top of the screen where some discussions have been made "sticky," so that they are always visible at the top of the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by svens
    I own a number of unlocked gsm phones and various sims for those countries I travel to.

....... I do not travel with laptop and will use Treo primarily for E-mail and voice.
    Then you're all set. You don't need to have the Teo650 unlocked, but if you wanna use it abroad it should be unlocked. With prepaid SIM cards I heard data is included with TMobile in Europe. Since you have so many SIM cards, if one or more have data included then your unlocked T650 will come in handy.