1.    #1  
    Just upgraded from Tungsten T to Treo 650. Very happy so far. But have some questions about how to maybe do some shortcuts?

1. Is there a way to enable the "Home" button to turn the unit on? I know you can press the Red Phone Button, but unfortunately that takes you to the last app you viewed - not to the home screen. I suppose I could ask instead if there was a way to make the Red Phone Button goto the home screen all the time.

2. In the Address Book, is there any way to just show one phone number per person? Right now it shows every number (home, mobile, etc) and it's a pain to scroll through them all.

3. On my Tungsten using the 5-way navigation button was a little different: You could scroll by page (instead of item by item on the Treo) or, if you pushed the center button to select/highlight an item, you could then scroll one item at a time. Is there any way to do this on the Treo?

Thanks for your help!
    1. The only buttons that turn the screen on are the Green Phone button, Calendar, Messages, and Red Phone buttons. They removed the ability to set that button to something else between the 600 and the 650, because now it's dedicated to ending your phone calls (trying to make the Treo more "phone like"). Might be a 3rd party solution for this, not sure

2. Not that I can tell with the default contacts app.

3. 3rd party software solutions for this too (Butler?)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I always store phone numbers in contacts in a specific order (Mobile, Home, Work, Other) because I usually try someone mobile first. This way, the default number is there automatically at the top. If I want other than the mobile number, I can scroll to the number that I want without looking because I know the order.

For frequently dialed numbers on your "Favorites" pages, Mobile will be first number dialed. If you want to dial Home or Work #, hit the "Space Key" first for pop-up list and one scroll down Once will get the Home number.

Try it Mikeeey, you might like it.
    FastFrank
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    On my T3, if you hold down the center button for about a second, that essentially performs that function (home screen).

hth
    1> No, but you can do it in two button presses, which isn't that difficult.

2> Are you familiar with the way the Treo quickly narrow the phone list as you search? Type the first letter of the first name, followed by 2 or 3 letters of the last name, and you'll usually get a list narrowed down to only a few names. This doesn't take very long to scroll through. (You can also type just a few letters from the last name, ignoring the first, and get the same effect).

3> not sure.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by martinwilliamh
    Just upgraded from Tungsten T to Treo 650. Very happy so far. But have some questions about how to maybe do some shortcuts?

1. Is there a way to enable the "Home" button to turn the unit on? I know you can press the Red Phone Button, but unfortunately that takes you to the last app you viewed - not to the home screen. I suppose I could ask instead if there was a way to make the Red Phone Button goto the home screen all the time.

2. In the Address Book, is there any way to just show one phone number per person? Right now it shows every number (home, mobile, etc) and it's a pain to scroll through them all.

3. On my Tungsten using the 5-way navigation button was a little different: You could scroll by page (instead of item by item on the Treo) or, if you pushed the center button to select/highlight an item, you could then scroll one item at a time. Is there any way to do this on the Treo?

Thanks for your help!
    1. already been answered
    2. already been answered
    3. Yes you can do this. Hold down Option (the big blue button just below a on the keyboard) and then push up or down on the 5-way will scroll a page at a time.

-Shawn