1.    #1  
    Hi,
    So I had my Treo in my pocket listening to music with my 3.5 mm headphone adapter. All of a sudden I stopped hearing sound from the left channel. The adapter no longer clicks in to the Treo and I cannot insert the stock 2.5 one anymore as it jams. It looks like the top mm or two of the adapter sheared off cleanly and is stuck in my headphone socket. Anyone have any idea how to get this out? Is this a warranty issue for the adapter or phone? Thanks for any ideas or comments.

-Rory
    Quote Originally Posted by rsprouse
    It looks like the top mm or two of the adapter sheared off cleanly and is stuck in my headphone socket. Anyone have any idea how to get this out?
    Ouch! I feel your pain. Unfortunately, I don't have any solution for you. I do think that the Seido adapter is less likely to get into this problem, since it is more flexible. Seido Adapter
    Highly risky, but you could try a toothpick witha drop of crazy glue. Make contact with the piece inside and let it dry, then pull the toothpick out with the piece.

Of course, if you're not carefull the toothpick will make contact with the phone and will become a permanent part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjosh
    Highly risky, but you could try a toothpick witha drop of crazy glue. Make contact with the piece inside and let it dry, then pull the toothpick out with the piece.

Of course, if you're not carefull the toothpick will make contact with the phone and will become a permanent part of it.
    yo Josh... I love this idea... If all else fails it could just become an expensive utensil to keep at the kitchen table.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Don't turn the device on again. In fact, remove the battery.

A technician at the cell store will take it apart and remove the broken piece.

Because it's metal, if it rattles around in there and shorts something, kiss the unit goodbye, because it's dead.

Tom (former technician)
    I agree, take it in.
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p