1.    #1  
    A few minutes ago my Sprint phone popped up a dialog asking permission to do some sort of to update Vision. I said yes, and watched as a scroll bar, indicating that the phone was busy, scrolled along merrily and displayed a message: Updating Vision. About a minute in the phone locked up. After no response for about 3 minutes, I finally reset the phone.

All seems to be working well, but I have no idea what was happening, or if it worked.

Anyone else?

FWIW, I am running the sound patched ROM with DUN.
    Palm III > Palm IIIx > HS Visor > HS Prism > iPaq 3650> Jornada 560 > nothing > Treo 650
    I know they released a "Roaming Patch" on 2/1/2005 - I would hope that would happen automatically, but apparently you can download it here as well http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...0_roaming.html
  3.    #3  
    I downloaded and installed the "roaming patch" already. I there any way to tell if that was what was sent? (Albeit unneccessarily for me.)
    Palm III > Palm IIIx > HS Visor > HS Prism > iPaq 3650> Jornada 560 > nothing > Treo 650
    If you have Filez see which files were created and/or modified today.
    Last edited by albertb; 02/10/2005 at 11:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler
    A few minutes ago my Sprint phone popped up a dialog asking permission to do some sort of to update Vision. I said yes, and watched as a scroll bar, indicating that the phone was busy, scrolled along merrily and displayed a message: Updating Vision. About a minute in the phone locked up. After no response for about 3 minutes, I finally reset the phone.
    lol.. Now they're sending out remote crash jobs
    I'm not sure but I have been trying ALL DAY to get into Vision with no luck so far. It just sits there saying "Connecting to PCS Vision." and will then time out on me.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...

All seems to be working well, but I have no idea what was happening, or if it worked.

Anyone else?

FWIW, I am running the sound patched ROM with DUN.
    From time to time the phone will be reprovising.
  8.    #8  
    Using Filez shows several new files today, none of which mean a thing to me.

The net result of the event seems to be that every time I try to activte Vision it tries to provision. It seems to be unsuccessful, as I can no longer access the web or mail.

Sheesh.

Is there any way I can force the update again?
    a soft reset usuaLy helps whenevr I have prob accessing vision or email.
    Yes, I've had reprovision like 4-5 times since I bought the device.

If you do the ##3282# thing, you can access the menu and provision manually, which is what I do when the automatic thing fails. :-)

I'm hoping this is how Sprint is choosing to fix firmware issues.

Tom
    To update vision manually:
    dial ##3282#
    Tap data in the top right corner
    Go to update vision profile
    Hit now
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    dial ##3282#
    Hit now
    What exactly does this achieve when you do this?
    Tks in advance
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Why are any of you have automatic RE-provisionings? I haven't, nor my friend, had this happen.
    Every now and then I get this message and it has NEVER correctly updated. Bleeech...
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    dial ##3282#
    Hit now
    If I do that, I get to a screen where I am asked for a Master Subsidy Lock Code. I have no idea what that is.
  16.    #16  
    Just to update...after the hang on reprovisioning (didn't know what that was until now) I was unable to connect to Vision. I did a hard reset and a hotsync to restore, then force the reprovision with the ##3283#. All is well now. Don't know that I actually needed to do the reprovision after the hard reset, but I figured I'd try it out just to see what it would do. Which leades me to the question: what DID it do? What the heck is reprovisioning?

Thanks for all the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    What exactly does this achieve when you do this?
    Tks in advance
    Just to update...after the hang on reprovisioning (didn't know what that was until now) I was unable to connect to Vision. I did a hard reset and a hotsync to restore, then force the reprovision with the ##3283#. All is well now. Don't know that I actually needed to do the reprovision after the hard reset, but I figured I'd try it out just to see what it would do. Which leades me to the question: what DID it do? What the heck is reprovisioning?

Thanks for all the help.
    It seems that Tyler and I have the same question-"What exactly does reprovisioning do?"

Can anyone help here?

Tks in advance
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover