1.    #1  
    I'm planning to give my 600 to my wife when I get the 650. Will we be able to share the same contacts and data on the same computer.

Does 650 run a different version of the Desktop program?
    You won't be able to directly share contacts since you are going to want to have the 2 devices have different owner/user names. The desktop software is not an issue--install the s/w from the T650 and it will work fine.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I'm in sort of the same situation. I sold my T600 a few weeks ago, and I am awaiting delivery of my unlocked T650. The applications that I will install to RAM will be transferred from my Palm backup files on my PC. Then I will insert my SD card with the third-party apps.

Or should I transfer the apps for RAM to the SD card first, then use PowerRun (or whatever) to transfer from the card to RAM?
    Whatever you do, DON'T simply restore your 600 backup directory to the 650. Everyone who's tried that has run into major stability problems. Make sure you have the latest updates to all your apps, and install them one at a time.

As for order of installation, for the apps you want on the card I'd install them normally, one at a time, and move it to the card afterwards.

A lot of apps store settings in the saved preferences file when they install, and if you simply copy from the backup, or load them from the card, not all of those preferences are going to get set correctly.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I thought I saw a thread on migration tips from 600 to 650 but don't see it anywhere at the moment.

There should be a sticky here on this subject.

In any event could someone please link or quote the best steps to undertake to migrate from your treo 600 to the treo 650? I plan to sell my 600 after getting my 650 and want to make sure I do it right.

I see that we should not be uploading our backed up apps, but what about the personal data?

I screwed up when I migrated from the Tungsten W to the 600 and dont want to make the same mistakes again.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    You won't be able to directly share contacts since you are going to want to have the 2 devices have different owner/user names. The desktop software is not an issue--install the s/w from the T650 and it will work fine.
    Actually both will probably have the same user name. Will this make things easier?
    You DEFINITELY don't want the two Treos to have the same name (Hotsync ID). The documentation is crystal clear on that. If you both have the same username on your PC and choose to sync to the same desktop PIM (Outlook or Palm desktop), you should have identical Contacts and Calendars on your Treos.
    PEG N760C>Treo 600>iPaq4350>Zaurus SL-5600>Zaurus SL-6000L>Treo 650
    Please see the Pa1mOne support pages to find out specific info on doing the T600 > T650 upgrade. Most people are only HotSyncing their PIM data and not their apps, and then install clean apps one at a time. It's a bit tedious, but works great and is a safer bet.