1.    #1  
    I just got my cingular GSM 650 on Monday, and pocket tunes was the first app i put on it. But i have noticed that anytime i stream radio through shoutcast it has to rebuffer literally ever 3-4 seconds. I can't listen to radio like this! I have Full bars and a great data connection (~100kbps). I live in NYC and get better reception on this phone than i did with my Verizon phone.

Anyone have a clue about settings i may have missed or something that would make shoutcast stream smoother? Any help would be Greatly appreciated!
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    The stations really need to be under 64kbps. 24-48 is optimal. On the Treo, go to Treobits and try one of the low-bitrate Shoutcast stations linked there:

http://www.treobits.com
  3.    #3  
    i did not know that - thanks!!
    It all comes down to the data transfer speed of your connection. So, that's why you have to listen to lower bitrate stations.
    I've successfully listened to 128kbit streams on my Sprint 650. Surprisingly it only re-buffered maybe 3 or 4 times in the 10 minutes I was listening.. 96k streams run perfectly.
    How are y'all listening! Which port is required to be open.
    Treo 600/PTunes Deluxe 3.0.5/T-Mobile $4.99 thruZones proxy/shoutcast stream from treoBits. It just hangs with ''Connecting'. Am I missing something?
    Visor Deluxe (Green)>Treo 180g>Treo 600 (GSM)*>*Treo 650 (GSM)
    There are many on port 80, but most are on non-standard ports