Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie-ish question here: do launchers like ZLauncher and Launcher X work with zipped apps, or is launching zipped apps strictly the domain of programs like LightNZip and FlyZip?

Are LightNZip and Flyzip also considered launchers in a way, or would one also need a "real" launcher to go along with them? (I'm looking for integration between launching and zipped app access)
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Yes, but using the OS method will only move the application (prc file) to the card. ZLauncher, and others, will also move database files, which frequently are much, much larger than the app itself.
    Meyerweb points out the above, which got me thinking about Silverscreen. I currently like its interface and ability to move apps to the card, but still feel like I don't have enough memory. Does anyone know if I'm suffering from Silverscreen's inability to also move the database and thus not meeting my expectation for more free RAM? In general, how does Silverscreen compare to ZLauncher?
    Ndugu
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    I tried ZLauncher on my Treo 600 and found the background pictures looked just horrible. All grainy and fuzzy. Are there any options for low-res screens on these background images that look halfway decent on a 600? Same thing on the icons... I don't really like how they look with ZLauncher. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but they looked smaller and had these little black graphics next to them (ROM?). Anyway, it wasn't a "clean" look at all. But I do want the file management capabilities. Is there any way to get the file management options without using the launcher? (probably a dumb question!)
    I didn't use Zlauncher on my Treo 650 for that very reason. The resolution was terrible. I've got it running on my 650 and it's SOO much better.

There are probably free file managers out there.
    who knows where I can get icon sets for zLauncher?
    best bet to search google. There are some Zlauncher theme sties
    Chris

Evolution: PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Visor Prism > iPaq 3955 > iPaq 4155 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    There's one linked in this thread that addresses the disappearing icons when their size is reduced. I downloaded and installed it yesterday with good results so far...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=67815

Quote Originally Posted by mnmacgeek
    who knows where I can get icon sets for zLauncher?
    Help...please?

Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    Newbie-ish question here: do launchers like ZLauncher and Launcher X work with zipped apps, or is launching zipped apps strictly the domain of programs like LightNZip and FlyZip?

Are LightNZip and Flyzip also considered launchers in a way, or would one also need a "real" launcher to go along with them? (I'm looking for integration between launching and zipped app access)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12