Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. dosh's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
       #1  
    Okay, so I'm waiting for the GSM 650 to get shipped by Vienna Channels. In the meantime I was looking for a way to sync the Treo MemoPad to Mac's Stickies. First, does anybody know how to do this? Second, while trolling through some websites, I found something called Synckies (http://michaelguo.com/software/synckies.html). Anybody ever hear of it or use it before? I'd be curious to know what people thought. Third, I guess StickyBrain is a good substitute on the Mac that syncs with Treo, and I may do this, but is there a better solution with syncing Stickies?
    Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by dosh
    Okay, so I'm waiting for the GSM 650 to get shipped by Vienna Channels. In the meantime I was looking for a way to sync the Treo MemoPad to Mac's Stickies. First, does anybody know how to do this? Second, while trolling through some websites, I found something called Synckies (http://michaelguo.com/software/synckies.html). Anybody ever hear of it or use it before? I'd be curious to know what people thought. Third, I guess StickyBrain is a good substitute on the Mac that syncs with Treo, and I may do this, but is there a better solution with syncing Stickies?
    Thanks!
    Well I just tried Synckies ($5 to buy) while it does work, it doesn't "sync". It only exports Stickies to the Palm Desktop Memo's (no conduit). Also I'm trying StickyBrain 3. This is a major desktop app and very feature rich. StickyBrain will "sync" to Memo's on the Treo. You can also backup notes to .mac and use on a second Mac. StickyBrain ($39.95 or $25 for upgrade) I suggest you download and try the 30 demo.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  3. dosh's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    Well I just tried Synckies ($5 to buy) while it does work, it doesn't "sync". It only exports Stickies to the Palm Desktop Memo's (no conduit). Also I'm trying StickyBrain 3. This is a major desktop app and very feature rich. StickyBrain will "sync" to Memo's on the Treo. You can also backup notes to .mac and use on a second Mac. StickyBrain ($39.95 or $25 for upgrade) I suggest you download and try the 30 demo.

    Thanks for the info on Synckies. I plan on trying out StickyBrain as soon as the 650 comes in my mailbox. I don't want to do something like getting the free trial and having it expire before I get my T650 (which is a possibility). Again, thanks.
  4. #4  
    StickyBrain is good but unfortunately they don't recognize categories for your Palm memos.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    StickyBrain is good but unfortunately they don't recognize categories for your Palm memos.
    neither does Memo Pad that comes with the MissingSync app. Your only option is to use PalmDesktop's Memo's if you need categories. Which you can do and still use iSync for iCal and AddressBook. I think that the features of StickyBrain out weight the need for categories. StickyBrain can be used for many other thing as well.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>

Posting Permissions