1.    #1  
    Just got my new 650 which relaced my 4th 600 - free replacement. The first thing I did was to flash Shadowmite's ROM #5. All seems to work great - but haven't tried bluetooth yet since I need an adapter for my laptop.

Anyway, I get a slight popping noise from the speaker whenever I touch/activate a screen button control button with either the stylus, 5-way control, or side button. Is this typical?

Note that when I push the numbers on the dial pad I do not get this noise. In fact I don't hear anything. Should I be hearing the normal touch tone tones?
    I have a Sprint 650 and initially did not have the crackling/popping sound( on my end). I have not dropped the unit and do not have any of Shadow's custom ROMS. The crackling and popping started a few days ago have I recently installed a bunch of new Apps. Could it be software related?

Sprint and Palmone's silence on 650 sound issues is deafening! Samsung I330 had very similar voice quality issues on launch. A patch (wc03?)was provided within weeks and they at least "Aknowledged" that issues needed to be addressed. I've been waiting (like everyone else) for a sound patch, but may have to break down and install the custom Rom.
  3.    #3  
    Anyone else? Any suggestions. The pop I here is reminiscent of the sound an electronic gas BBQ grill igniter makes...
  4.    #4  
    bttt?
    Hang on. The rest of us are still in denial
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiledog
    Anyone else? Any suggestions. The pop I here is reminiscent of the sound an electronic gas BBQ grill igniter makes...
    Does it happen every call, multiple times in a call or infrequently?

Mine is a little different, more like a stray electric charge (i.e. a cat walking on bubble wrap). It doesn't happen all the time, but it is clearly within the phone not through the signal.

I'm sure it is completely unrelated but have also noticed that the Privacy Locator Disabled Icon flickers continuously in a non-uniform fashion through-out most calls, anyone else experience this? Most likely I'm the proud owner of a $600 Lemon.

Sprint/Palmone, throw your longtime loyal customers a lifering!...Issue a sound quality ROM update now.
    I first noticed this issue after I installed WinHand. After connecting, screen taps were occasionally accompanied by pops in the speaker. I have also noticed some issues when using the speaker phone. I haven't installed any of shadowmite's patches - yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorFan
    I first noticed this issue after I installed WinHand. After connecting, screen taps were occasionally accompanied by pops in the speaker. I have also noticed some issues when using the speaker phone. I haven't installed any of shadowmite's patches - yet...
    I think the screen pops you hear on Winhand when you tap on the screen is from having Sound enabled on Winhand Preference.