1.    #1  
    I -JUST- got my 650 6 hours ago, And After installing THIS It wont stop rebooting.
    Basically I get a palmone loading screen, followed by the palm powered screen, then all over again, thats as far as it goes. I tryed holding down the reset button on the back, but it didnt do anything.. any ideas????
    Do a warm reset following these instructions posted on P1's site. Then delete the offending app and do a soft reset...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maz31337
    I -JUST- got my 650 6 hours ago, And After installing THIS It wont stop rebooting.
    Basically I get a palmone loading screen, followed by the palm powered screen, then all over again, thats as far as it goes. I tryed holding down the reset button on the back, but it didnt do anything.. any ideas????
    OMG YOU BROKE IT! IT'S RUINED FOREVER!

Nah just kidding, look up the manual for how to do a hard reset. After that, try Agile Messenger at www.agilemobile.com

The Palm version of AIM screws up on OS5.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  4.    #4  
    I tryed all, the only thing that would fix it was :
    Method Two (Tungsten T5 and Treo 650)

1. Read through these instructions before attempting the reset. We made this method of zero out reset extremely awkward to perform, so that it would not happen by accident. You may need the help of a dextrous friend if you find it too difficult to do by yourself.
    2. Connect your device to its HotSync cable or cradle. The HotSync cable does not need to be connected to your PC, and it does not need to be connected to power.
    3. Press and hold the Power button and UP on the 5-way navigator.
    4. While continuing to hold Power and UP, press and hold the HotSync button on the HotSync cable or cradle. As you press HotSync, make sure your other finger doesn't slide to LEFT or RIGHT on the 5-way navigator; it needs to be exactly on UP during the entire process. Although you are pressing the HotSync button, a HotSync operation should not begin.
    5. While continuing to hold Power, UP and HotSync, press and release the RESET button on the back panel of your device (where's the reset hole?). This is very difficult to do with only one person; you may wish to hold the stylus in your mouth and use your hands to press Power, UP and HotSync.
    6. Release Power, UP and HotSync.
    7. If you did this reset correctly, the screen of your device will go blank, and you will not be able to turn it on. The charging LED will not light up, even if it's connected to power. It will appear to be "dead." (any other activity such as the Palm OS logo or a rainbow-colored Boot Log screen appearing means the reset was performed incorrectly; try again)
    8. Your device will appear "dead" for several minutes (up to 10 minutes). During this time, your device's internal memory is being reformatted. If your device doesn't appear "dead" for several minutes with the screen completely blank, the zero out reset was performed incorrectly; try again.
    9. After several minutes, your device will "wake up" and the palmOne and Palm Powered logos will appear as if you had performed a hard reset. Eventually, you'll be taken to a series of screens to calibrate the touchscreen and set date & time.

That worked though, and could you guys reccomend some other good progs for me to start off with? I would like if possible AIM/IRC/ better movie player? virtual desktop? I know wrong forum but thanks for the help
    Quote Originally Posted by maz31337
    I tryed all, the only thing that would fix it was :
    Method Two (Tungsten T5 and Treo 650)
    While a zero-out worked, it is the absolute last resort. A warm reset should have work...perhaps you didn't do it properly...
    That worked though, and could you guys reccomend some other good progs for me to start off with? I would like if possible AIM/IRC/ better movie player? virtual desktop? I know wrong forum but thanks for the help
    Lot of people like verichat for IM:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=mundu

Movie Player? MMPlayer is great for divx, mpg etc while Kinoma 3 is also good for mpg and has nice easy conversion utility. Also the builtin movie player also support mpg and 3GPP:
    http://mmplayer.com/
    http://kinoma.com/

What do you mean by virtual desktop? Are you referring to VNC-like app or something to view your treo on the desktop? For the former there's nice freeware like Winhand and for the latter there's apps like PDAReach:
    http://www.win-hand.com/menu.htm
    http://www.junefabrics.com/pdareach/index.php

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The thing about a warm (debug) reset is that you have to initiate your own reset by putting the stylus in the reset hole.

You have to do that while the treo is briefly turned on (screen on) before it does it's own reset.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre