1.    #1  
    hi again all... can any recommend a logical structure for me to lay out my 1GB SD card (dedicated to Treo usage, btw)? i was thinking something like:

/APPS (software)
    /BACK (system backup)
    /DCIM (images)
    /MP3 (audio)
    /TEMP (miscellaneous)

does this make sense? i don't want to end up w/ a GB of various files all in the root of my SD card, so any suggestions for good layouts/folder hierarchy would be appreciated... thx in advance all..!
    I think you'll need to rename your MP3 folder to "Audio". Most applications (e.g., Pocket-Tunes) will look for the Audio folder to store/retrieve audio files (e.g., MP3, WAV).
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    I think you'll need to rename your MP3 folder to "Audio". Most applications (e.g., Pocket-Tunes) will look for the Audio folder to store/retrieve audio files (e.g., MP3, WAV).
    ah, thx for that! anything else look problematic, or should this selection of folders be a decent setup? any other folders that might be a prerequisite..? thx all as always..!
    I really don't worry about the dir structure on the card. Besides if you have a mem manager like Zlauncher like I have, then it takes care of most of the dir for you anyway. The most important dirs are:

/Palm - some 3rd party apps install the subdir here
    /palm/launcher - hotsync install tool puts files/apps here
    /palm/programs - many apps install subdir here including zlauncher etc...
    /DCIM - default pic dir
    /Audio - default mp3 dir
    /RN_AUDIO - default dir for Real player (note: real will also look in /audio)

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    FYI: while /audio is the default folder for audio, you can still create an /mp3s folder and put stuff in there to listen to from Ptuntes. It just wont be the default folder it looks in first.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I really don't worry about the dir structure on the card. Besides if you have a mem manager like Zlauncher like I have, then it takes care of most of the dir for you anyway. The most important dirs are:

/Palm - some 3rd party apps install the subdir here
    /palm/launcher - hotsync install tool puts files/apps here
    /palm/programs - many apps install subdir here including zlauncher etc...
    /DCIM - default pic dir
    /Audio - default mp3 dir
    /RN_AUDIO - default dir for Real player (note: real will also look in /audio)

thanks for the useful info. Always these files on my cards and I always wondered how things were distributed to them.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650