1.    #1  
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/jvm/

Wow, that was fast.....I thought we had to wait till March.
    OMG!!!! System Requirements: 3.6MB free memory!!!??? Thats rediculous for a device that already has memory issues!

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/jvm/download.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I believe the article was about the developer download. This is the end-user download that was apparently just released. At least according to the download page.

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Why should I install this? What new functionality will it give my 650? Sorry about my ignorance.
    I checked the PalmOne website on the 7th and the message for the Treo 650 download said to check back after 2/1.
    has anyone got this to install properly? I tried installing and it says it's missing a file that's not in any of the directories.

The file that it states as missing is class library "PalmMidp20_22".
    Last edited by Seattle_Ray; 02/10/2005 at 10:02 PM. Reason: adding file name
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Why should I install this? What new functionality will it give my 650? Sorry about my ignorance.
    So you can install the literally thousands of java apps written for mobile phones on your Treo!! These are usually called midlets. Almost all Nokia, SE etc phone come preinstalled with java and there's tons of apps, games etc written for this platform. Unfortunately, there is a dearth of truely quality apps and most of them are written for other handsets. However there are a few quality apps specifically written for Treo platform including Reqwireless's Webviewer and Midcast from hillcast technologies. In addition, the java pluggin supposedly also includes the API's released by Sprint to access the builtin LBS (location based services) or AGPS functionality in the Treo 650. This would be a very powerful tool with limitless possible applications in the future fyi...

Finally, I also posted a bunch of java games/apps that I test worked on the 600 and should also work on the 650 a while ago:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=java+games

I installed the Java with no problems, and also installed the included golf midlet. It runs with no problems. However, now I want to delete the sample golf midlet, and I just cant! Neither Launcher X, nor uninstall manager, nor the built-in palm delete can remove this stubborn program. Someone help please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle_Ray
    has anyone got this to install properly? I tried installing and it says it's missing a file that's not in any of the directories.

The file that it states as missing is class library "PalmMidp20_22".
    I'm having the same problem....have you ever received an answer to your question? I've searched all over and can't find anything.
    Treo 650 | 01.51| 1.17 - CNG |
  12. dot
    Quote Originally Posted by jebworks View Post
    I'm having the same problem....have you ever received an answer to your question? I've searched all over and can't find anything.
    In the Java folder go to ->JVM folder->ARM4T folder
    install J9javavm midp20.prc
    and i install the en.prc version too don't know if necessary, but assuming it is english something...
    Dance or Die