1.    #1  
    I got my treo 650 last week. It has been a love hate relationship. The newest problem happens when I turn off the radio. I receive the following message: Please check you sims card to see if it is damaged. This is the same sims card that was on my 600(kept the media works and transfered the sims card as suggested in another thread) Then when I soft reset the voicemail number in my favorties is replaced with 90480pa500. The cingular tech said to brush the card with an eraser. No luck. I have hard reset the unit, and deleted all my old 600 handspring folders. I still get the message. The only program I am running other than the default software is chattermail. I downloaded the current version last night. Anyone else having a similar problem?
    Yep, I get this too, sometimes. I started getting it when I started using ChatterEmail, so perhaps you and I have a common thread there. However, I am on a Treo 600, and it still happens. Probably not a 650 issue...
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    I assume you have a Gemplus SIM card based on your corrupted voicemail number. Go to the Cingular store and have your SIM swapped for an Axalto SIM. Tell them Cingular support suggested you come in and get your SIM swapped.

More details here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=74723
    I have the issue as well. I assumed it was the SIM card issue, but since I don't have any resets or anything, I didn't worry about it.

I have chatterEmail installed as well. Not sure if this was happening before I installed it or not.
    After reading a little more (there's a defunct PalmOne page that google had cached...), it looks like the error can happen "Under rare circumstances, you can get this error message when your SIM card is not damaged and is inserted properly, and meets the 3 volt requirement. It can happen when you are trying to perform a function that requires wireless service, but you have not fully connected to the network yet."

So perhaps ChatterEmail, being rather active on the network and in the background, is trying to access the net as the wireless connection is being taken down, causing this misleading error?
    I get this error too - but only since I started using Chatter E-mail. Seems like the culprit has been identified. Small price to pay for such great software though.
    Please read Skyrush's post, the issue is not due to ChatterEmail but is rather due to no bearer being available due to an inability of the device to read the SIM. The error quoted is for an inability to set a PDP context for moving data due to no logical bearer being available, so is a symptom rather than cause.

SIM's Input/Output stages tend to just go and so will result in a permanent error. The likelyhood would be voltage/power fluctuation in the card reader. If this is occurring intermittently when cycling the radio then this is probably the cause but may be due to overall load, does it occur more on low battery, less when on charge?
    I did read skyrush's post and as I understand it, "It can happen when you are trying to perform a function that requires wireless service, but you have not fully connected to the network yet." He then goes on to say, "So perhaps ChatterEmail, being rather active on the network and in the backgroung, is trying to access the net as the wireless connection is being taken down, causing this misleading error?"

I believe that to be the case. If I exit Chatter before turning off the radio, no error. If I leave Chatter running while I turn off the radio, error. Everytime.
    How do you exit Chatter to get the error to stop? I place chatter offline but I still get the error.
    There is an option to shut down Chatter in the menus. I don't have it front of me to look at right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    I assume you have a Gemplus SIM card based on your corrupted voicemail number. Go to the Cingular store and have your SIM swapped for an Axalto SIM. Tell them Cingular support suggested you come in and get your SIM swapped.

More details here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=74723
    I have an Axalto SIM card and I get this error also.

It does not happen when I shut down Chatter and disconnect.

It happens when I turn off the radio with the end button.

It happens every time regardless of battery strength or what programs are on the Treo 650.
    i get this error too. it is really just more annoying than anything else. i use chatter as well.

has anyone found a solution?
    If you suspect Chatter in this issue, please be certain that you are up to date with the latest Chatter version before proceeding with any other changes. There have been numerous stable releases since this thread started (1.0.6 currently) and dozens of beta releases (1.0.7b23 as of yesterday). Chatter is an outstanding application and gets better by the minute. But there are solid explanations for the issue above.
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
    Quote Originally Posted by gregb882
    If you suspect Chatter in this issue, please be certain that you are up to date with the latest Chatter version before proceeding with any other changes. There have been numerous stable releases since this thread started (1.0.6 currently) and dozens of beta releases (1.0.7b23 as of yesterday). Chatter is an outstanding application and gets better by the minute. But there are solid explanations for the issue above.
    I do indeed have the latest version of Chatter installed. And I agree it is a great program. Still seeking a solution.