View Poll Results: How Much memory do you have left on your Treo 650?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • 14M or More

7 9.59%
  • 10-13M

23 31.51%
  • 8-9M

13 17.81%
  • 7-8M

5 6.85%
  • 4-6M

11 15.07%
  • Less than 4M

14 19.18%
  1.    #1  
    I've finally loaded up my Treo 650 with all of the programs (I think) I want to use. I'm left with 8.3 megs free. How much do you have left?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I have 14M or more, I hope. I haven't put anything on it yet because I don't have it yet.

I'll actually vote after I get it and set it up...
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I've finally loaded up my Treo 650 with all of the programs (I think) I want to use. I'm left with 8.3 megs free.
    If you have that much space left and you're a heavy Blazer/Web surfer you may want to take the oportunity to increase the cache for faster surfing
    ~15 programs installed ~15 megs free
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    ~15 programs installed ~15 megs free
    Cheater! Now install them all on the internal memory
    takephone
    2day
    4cast
    agendus pro
    backupman
    ultrasoft money
    chatter
    comet
    directory assistant
    docstogo
    filez
    grxview pro
    handzipper lite
    kb lights off
    mcphling
    MMPlayer
    MovieMentor
    Pocket tunes deluxe
    PXA Clocker
    Schedule care
    Teal Auto
    Treoguard
    Voicememo
    Winhand anywhere
    Zlauncher

10.9 meg free
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I have 36 applications and utilities installed including DocsToGo, Chatter, Agendus, VoiceSignal's Voice Dial, SplashWallet, VeriChat, IOUMate, WorldMate, Mapopolis, and Pocket Quicken.

I use ZLauncher and I have about 7 MB free.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Honestly:

177 Programs Installed.
    9.0 Megs free.

(Zlauncher, most apps run off card)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Cheater! Now install them all on the internal memory
    Hey there were no stipulations in the poll

Here's what I got right now -- there will be more, but i'm installing slowly so if any reset issues crop up I can figure out what program is causing them.. I advise everyone to follow this technique... Only had like 3 resets in 2 weeks and solved them quickly.

BBvfs
    Bejeweled2
    Palmary Clock (great timer to count off 15 minute interval blind bet increases when playin texas holdem with the guys)
    Full Docs2Go
    Filez
    Megagammon (hadn't played backgammon since i was like 10, but decided to check it out -- pretty cool)
    MMplayer
    Monopoly
    Nesem
    Powerrun
    Ptunes
    Ringo
    SplashPhoto
    WarfareInc

Quote Originally Posted by zorro869
    Honestly:

177 Programs Installed.
    9.0 Megs free.

(Zlauncher, most apps run off card)
    Awesome! Now list them! Or some of them You can't possibly be using all of those.... Any reset issues?!?!
    ---
    Don't think I've seen anyone mention this, and it's pretty obvious, but makes sense, and could be a good recommendation to people with major issues:

The more programs moved to external memory card --> less potentially conflicting databases in internal memory to interfere with each other and cause crashes.. ?? Good theory?
    I got 76 apps/utilites installed in mines (half of them running off the card).

7.1 megs Free
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Awesome! Now list them! Or some of them You can't possibly be using all of those.... Any reset issues?!?!
    Plenty!

Most of these files are just dumb games or tiny programs like DirAssist. Nearly everything comes off the card (Except Snapper, versachat, etc.).It's amazing how quick a sync is when you really don't have that much on the unit itself.

Most of my probs are OS or physical issues (p key).
    Since I am new to Palm, can someone tell me once I have a program on the internal memory, is there a way I can move it over to the externam memory?
    Treo 650 GSM
    Get Z-Launcher and use the "Move to Card" option. All programs won't run off the card (and they will load/unload slower).
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Since I am new to Palm, can someone tell me once I have a program on the internal memory, is there a way I can move it over to the externam memory?
    This is a good poll. I have 6.9MB remaining on my 650. This fluxuates with SnapperMail load and the number of BugMe! pages I create.

I was wondering which launcher App is best at allowing other Apps to run from my 1GB SD card while allowing them to remain fully functional (Sync, Auto Alarm and Connect To The Net type functions).

Specifically about the following Apps and the ability to run them 'full-out' from the card:
    - Pocket Tunes
    - Audible Player
    - BugMe!
    - Personal Audio Recorder Pro
    - Money Magazine Financial Assistant (Running from Card, but the Glossary won't run; asks that Glossary .pdb be installed on Internal :\ )
    - SnapperMail
    - VeriChat
    - DocsToGo, Currently running that using that DataViz App that moves all the stuff to the Card. Some small files still appear Interanal but I guess those are necessary for this arrangement?

I am using LauncherX currently.

Thanks,

Wild
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869
    Plenty!

Most of these files are just dumb games or tiny programs like DirAssist. Nearly everything comes off the card (Except Snapper, versachat, etc.).It's amazing how quick a sync is when you really don't have that much on the unit itself.

Most of my probs are OS or physical issues (p key).
    Deezam..... Way to go