Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10
    I've been using Butler to blink the LED when a new message is received. The only problem is that you need to keep the pop-up alert on in in GoodLink in order for Butler to know when to blink the LED. That causes the screen to turn on as well. It would be great if blinking the LED without waking the screen could be built natively into GoodLink.
    What settings did you apply in Butler to make this happen? Thanks.
    SONY Z100 (Sprint) --> Motorola StarTac 7868 (Sprint) --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Motorola V8160 (Verizon) --> Blackberry 957 (Cingular w/ GoodLink) --> PalmOne Treo 600 (TMobile w/ GoodLink) --> Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM on TMobile) with HBH-662 BT Headset --> Treo 700 w/x (Sprint) with iGuidance V3 / GlobalSat BT-359W GPS
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Happened to test it this morning. TreoGuard did kick in and turn off the screen. I assume it would also happen with the normal Prefs->Power setting
    Same here. The screen will time out like normal, but it would be nice if it didn't come on at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JudBaird
    What settings did you apply in Butler to make this happen? Thanks.
    First you need to set the notification in GoodLink prefs to "Show On-Screen Alert" and "Show Alert Dialog". Then in Butler under Attention check the box for "Attention Manager (Normal Alerts)". Then tap the Set Alerts button and choose how you want the LED to blink.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by aacnyc
    Good Guy

Thx for passing on the requests.

I would like to upgrade my handheld to 4.0 and not my server as you said is ok above. Can I do it using the IR port if I dont have my cable with me?
    Checked with an engineer and you should be able to hotsync over the install via IR.
    GoodGuy: FYI - my IT department did an OTA upgrade of my 650 to 4.0 today and it still has the issue with the cameras disabling vibration. They are still having the problem on their Treos as well.
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by lucigooch
    GoodGuy: FYI - my IT department did an OTA upgrade of my 650 to 4.0 today and it still has the issue with the cameras disabling vibration. They are still having the problem on their Treos as well.
    Have they contacted Tech Support? I checked our bug tracking system and didn't see a bug listed.
    I have been using 4.0 on my 650 since it was released, and am very pleased. I shared a couple of enhancement requests with your support staff, who will hopefully pass them on when the time is right.

Here are some more:

- need to be able to read HTML emails. If we can't do that, then let's get rid of all the inline hyperlinks to images. Maybe just strip those out or replace them with a single character or something. (Or make it an option to remove them.) I would rather just fish through the hyperlinks that are real links instead of the pictures (spacers, logos, stupid outlook stationery, etc.)

- here's another vote for LED blinking

- the alert sounds need to be integrated with the rest of the Treo alerts. Ringtones available for the Phone app (both midi and waveform) should be available in Good. (And the ones you guys made are nice, add those to the Treo's library).

- the alert management needs to be integrated as well, so that i don't have to change the volume in two places (phone and Good). It would also be nice to have alert tones for certain recipient groups (boss) or mailbox folders.

- there should be a way to change the alerts at certain times (stop ringing all night long). A better solution would be to introduce Profiles like Nokia phones have, and integrate those Profiles into the Treo itself. (That's beyond what Good can do without help from PalmOne, unless you're willing to take the initiative and re-set the system settings based on what we select in Good.)

- we need the ability to get rid of the Get More, on a device by device basis. Just let the admin set the max download size during provisioning (as it does now), and let it happen. I shouldn't have to ask for more 5 times to read a 100k email. The 650 is an EDGE device, and the XV6600 is EVDO, so downloading the entire email and attachments is no longer a bandwidth problem. Now it's a storage problem, which brings me to the next point.

- work seamlessly with SD card storage. Either archive messages there and keep the current stuff in RAM, or just give the option to use the SD card as the primary data storage area. Lots of apps store their databases on the SD card (navigation maps, etc.).

You guys have a great product, keep it going.
    I was told they did. I may try to call myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Checked with an engineer and you should be able to hotsync over the install via IR.
    Thanks, I'll try it out and let you know how it goes for others.

AC
    My company uses the 650 and Goodlink and I have become addicted to this great app, but I really miss being able to use wavs as ringtones for individual contacts. I was able to do this on the 600 with Lightwav and P-Tunes solution. Lightwav used the P1 contact database to tag incoming calls and then used P-Tunes to play a wav I assigned for that contact.

I have read elsewhere (and heard from tech support at Toysoft - Lightwav's developer) that the only way to get back what I used before would be to completely remove the Good contact piece and re-synch to the P1 contacts.

I have two questions for the forum (and of course our wonderful contact at Good):

1) Is there anyone else who uses wavs/contacts for ringtones and has another suggestion or application that will allow this to work with Good.

2) What are the actual Good Contact files that need to be removed (via FileZ or Z-Launcher I can see them all...) to de-activate the Good contact piece.

Thanks,

Willie
    wildwetwillie: You need to do the (in)famous Goodlink hack to re-enable your Contacts db. My suggestion is to use FileZ and rename the creator ID. You can find more information here in another thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=50864

That's what I do right now, and it works pretty well. I can't vouch for it working for 4.0, but it has worked on 3.0 and 3.7 on my T600.

Oh, and yet another second for LED blinking...
    wildwetwillie and bigboy - sort of related to this is caller picture ID with Good installed. It worked fine on the 600 because the image assignment was in the Favorites. On the 650, it's in the Contacts. Because it's in the Contacts and Good doesn't support it, the mapping between them doesn't happen. I suggested it as an enhancement in this thread - http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...766#post547766 post 41

I think we may have a similar problem with ringtones. I just did a little experimenting (650 w/GL 3.8) and was unable to get anything but the default ringtone - even when a custom one was assigned to a Favorite.

I haven't tried the (in)famous hack yet, but am tempted as I sort of miss caller picture ID and ringtones. Has anyone verified this approach on the 650?
    I'm a consultant that installs both BES and GL severs. I have to say I like both solutions. However, I hate the crap that Good tries to feed customers. I don't know how they get away the lies they tell. I'm find with absent features in some cases, just tell me you don't have it. comments inline below:

Couple of things to ask:

-Ask them if they are going to upgrade to BES 4.0 because it is a major hassle and ALL the devices have to come in and be cradled for the upgrade.

This is rediculous. I completed a recent 750 user, 3 BES upgrade in 45 minutes and not a single user was affected. Users DO NOT EVER HAVE TO CRADLE FOR THE UPGRADE. And once upgraded to 4.0, they NEVER HAVE TO CRADLE AGAIN.

in one of your later comments, you write "have you had your IT group re-provision your device". If it were a BlackBerry, the user could do it themselves.

-Ask them how much time they take to install the BB desktop software on all the users desks. We have no desktop install.

* LIAR!! I have had to install the GL desktop software manually at each workstation because it's the only way to upgrade the operating system on the devices and the damn software can't be pushed out with SMS or AD (a Good rep suggested we set up a common synch station that users can walk up to and upgrade. yeah right!). At least with old BlackBerry desktop software we could push it out with Microsoft's sms (I've used Zenworks too) - we deployed 750 desktops in 1 day. and to get 4.0 device software installed/upgraded, You DO NOT HAVE TO UPGRADE THE DESKTOP MANAGER!!

-Ask the BB users how nice it would be to NEVER, EVER have to cradle the device.

* BlackBerry users never cradle. Not even NEW USERS have to cradle. I use the OTA provisioning feature in BES 4.0. New GL users on the other hand HAVE TO CRADLE to get going. (then no cradling but if it ever needs reprovisioning we need to cradle them).

-Ask your IT department how much time (which is money) would it save if they could provision the devices over-the-air and push 3rd party applications over-the-air?

* I set this up from the BES all the time. and further, you can set up images on the bes and then use group management to push certain sets of 3rd party applications down to the devices. You can also restrict users from installing other applications (can even remove/upgrade applications remotely over the air)

-Ask your IT department if they have ever had to call you carrier for support on devices they don't make and software they don't develop. All support is included with GL. All upgrades (major and minor) are included.

* really? does spring and cingular develp GL? do they maake the treo? no. Carriers are clueless no matter what you call them for. We have support directly with RIM which includes free upgrades and great support.

-Ask any customer who switched from BB to Good about the installation, maintenance and management of Good and, without fail, they will say Good was simpler and faster. An example is that it takes a total of 20 minutes to have a Treo 650 up and running on Good. That is over-the-air with no cradle.

* How many companies have ever switched to GL? I have never been called in to switch from BB to GL but I have had 15 customers hire me to switch from a failed GL deployment to BlackBerry. I don't find it easier and getting a BB up and running is cake. could not be easier - NO CRADLE

- Our charges are $330 per year, with significant discount for two-year subscription. The GoodLink Server is free. The support is included. All upgrades are included. We will buyback Blackberries.

* GL only works on BlackBerries that aren't even made any more - no one wants them. It's great that you buy them back though. But who doesnt? Nextel will give you 100$ per devices traded in. $330 per year, per user! that's a rediculously high cost. BlackBerry cost from 1k to 5k for the server and you never have to pay for licensing again. There is a cost for support though (which used to be free) but I'm fine with paying for support. You get what you pay for!. There are more people on RIM's helpdesk than the entire Good payroll.

- The Total Cost of Ownership of a GoodLink deployment is the same, if not less, than an equivilant BB deployment. They (IT dept) need to take us up on the 30 day free trial and compare. We never lose when they get it in their hands and compare it to BB.
    * absolutely not true. Like I said, I've been hired to switch companies from GL to BB. I've had a few customers ask me to install GL too - don't get me wrong, it's out there. and the treo is a nice device.

Not usable for me though as many customers don't allow me to walk in their data center with a camara. Plus the battery life kills me.
    "For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert"
    - Anonymous
    Goodguy
    When I recieve pictures that are attached to emails and I view them, I recieve a message that "the image has been saved to the card". I have not been able to find where it is saving the image(s) to access it. I don't current have an additional card installed, and the images do not show up when I go the "Media" app on the Treo. I have been able to access an image that I recieved and saved to make it my wallpaper for the phone, but I am unable to access it any other way but throught the "General Preferences" option on the phone.
  15.    #175  
    Let's get a couple of things straight:

This is rediculous. I completed a recent 750 user, 3 BES upgrade in 45 minutes and not a single user was affected. Users DO NOT EVER HAVE TO CRADLE FOR THE UPGRADE. And once upgraded to 4.0, they NEVER HAVE TO CRADLE AGAIN.
    Wrong.

You may want to call RIM on this one. In order to upgrade the users/devices to 4.0, if the devices are not already 4.0, they have to be cradled. When 4.1 comes out, they will have to be cradled again. This comes directly from a RIMM conference call. Because their OS is the application. Just like you can't update PalmOS OTA because the OS is needed to perform the upgrade. I suggest you take a look at page 36 and 37 of the Blackberry Installation guide regarding upgrading the devices where is states:

"1. Connect the handheld to the administration computer on which the Handheld Configuration Tool is installed"
    or
    "The Application Loader requires a physical connection to the handheld"

So, the devices DO have to be cradled in order to upgrade to the latest version.
    LIAR!! I have had to install the GL desktop software manually at each workstation because it's the only way to upgrade the operating system on the devices and the damn software can't be pushed out with SMS or AD (a Good rep suggested we set up a common synch station that users can walk up to and upgrade. yeah right!). At least with old BlackBerry desktop software we could push it out with Microsoft's sms (I've used Zenworks too) - we deployed 750 desktops in 1 day. and to get 4.0 device software installed/upgraded, You DO NOT HAVE TO UPGRADE THE DESKTOP MANAGER!!
    Wrong Again.

I suggest you check with users here on TreoCentral that have done over the air upgrades and provisioning with GoodLink before you presume to call me a liar. The desktop installer is completely optional and is available for folks that want to upgrade their client to 4.0 before their admins update their server. I can name countless customers that have done the upgrade without a single device being cradled.

BlackBerry users never cradle. Not even NEW USERS have to cradle. I use the OTA provisioning feature in BES 4.0. New GL users on the other hand HAVE TO CRADLE to get going. (then no cradling but if it ever needs reprovisioning we need to cradle them).
    Really? I suggest you visit http://www.blackberry.com/products/s.../upgrade.shtml amd review how every version prior to 4.0 required cradling for one thing or another. New installations, you are right, no cradling required. GoodLink doesn't require cradling either, for anything, including reprovisioning, and has synced everything from Exchange (email, contacts, calendar, notes and tasks) wirelessly for two versions now.

I set this up from the BES all the time. and further, you can set up images on the bes and then use group management to push certain sets of 3rd party applications down to the devices. You can also restrict users from installing other applications (can even remove/upgrade applications remotely over the air)
    Only since v4.0 have you set this up because prior to 4.0, there was on Over the Air provisioning of devices. Secondly, using your own words, "certain sets of 3rd party apps"..GoodLink, ANY third party app can be pushed. GoodLink you remove/upgrade over the air as well.

* How many companies have ever switched to GL? I have never been called in to switch from BB to GL but I have had 15 customers hire me to switch from a failed GL deployment to BlackBerry. I don't find it easier and getting a BB up and running is cake. could not be easier - NO CRADLE
    Hmmm...let's see I myself have displaced several. More?

http://www.good.com/index.php/pr_20030127.html
    http://www.blackberry.net/developers...=60&msRange=15

I am calling you a liar on this one. You have NOT switched 15 customers over. I can give references to accounts that I have personally switched out of BB. Can you do the same?

* really? does spring and cingular develp GL? do they maake the treo? no. Carriers are clueless no matter what you call them for. We have support directly with RIM which includes free upgrades and great support.
    Nope, they don't develop it, which is why WE support it and don't force users to call the carriers to get support. Oh, you can get Blackberry to support their stuff..if you pay for it. Thanks for making my point for me.

GL only works on BlackBerries that aren't even made any more - no one wants them. It's great that you buy them back though. But who doesnt? Nextel will give you 100$ per devices traded in. $330 per year, per user! that's a rediculously high cost. BlackBerry cost from 1k to 5k for the server and you never have to pay for licensing again. There is a cost for support though (which used to be free) but I'm fine with paying for support. You get what you pay for!. There are more people on RIM's helpdesk than the entire Good payroll
    Wrong again...man, how many times is that?

ANY Blackberry device we will buy back, not just ones running GL. 7100 you hate? We will but it back. 72XX? Take that one too. Want to compare total pricing models? OK, let's do that. Let's take Sprint for example. Sprint data plan: $15/month, Sprint Blackberry Plan: $49.95 So, for 20 devices:

GoodLink:
    GoodLink Licenses: $330 x 20 = $6600
    Data: $15 x 20 x 12 = $3600
    Total Cost: $10,200 or $42.50 per user per month

Blackberry:
    BES: $2,999
    20 Licenses: $1,398
    Support (12x5, BES): $625
    Support (12x5, devices) $300
    Data: $49.95 x 20 x 12 = $11,988
    Total: $17,310 or $72.13 per month

Let's look at year two:
    Numbers are the same for GoodLink (though a two year subscription is cheaper, we will leave it at a renewal from year-to-year:

$42.50 per month

Blackberry:

$12,913 or $53.80 per month per user

As for number of employees, unless RIM has over 500 people on their support desk, chalk one up in the wrong column again.

absolutely not true. Like I said, I've been hired to switch companies from GL to BB. I've had a few customers ask me to install GL too - don't get me wrong, it's out there. and the treo is a nice device
    Maybe because it is so simple that they don't NEED you to install it. Sorry we don't generate business for you. If you have issues with our reseller channel, let me know and I will have the Vice-President of Channels give you a call.

Not usable for me though as many customers don't allow me to walk in their data center with a camara. Plus the battery life kills me.
    Then maybe you should get a cameraless device or a PocketPC device without a camera, since these all support GoodLink. True, the limited device selection of Blackberry doesn't have a camera model, but that seems to work for you. Battery life? Yup. You win on that one. Lower power processor, less functionality will allow for better battery life. Fair trade off.
    Last edited by GoodGuy; 03/04/2005 at 04:38 PM.
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by nork6
    Goodguy
    When I recieve pictures that are attached to emails and I view them, I recieve a message that "the image has been saved to the card". I have not been able to find where it is saving the image(s) to access it. I don't current have an additional card installed, and the images do not show up when I go the "Media" app on the Treo. I have been able to access an image that I recieved and saved to make it my wallpaper for the phone, but I am unable to access it any other way but throught the "General Preferences" option on the phone.
    When I do it on my 600, it defaults to the browser when I choose "View High Quality". If you save to the card, you will need a third-party graphic viewer, such as Acid Image Pro, to view it.
    When they say it is saved to a card, is that the internal memory? and will i have to go back to the email each time to look at the image? Can I add it to the Media app?

Sorry so many questions.
    In addition having the same problem as Lucigooch, email vibrate notification is disabled after using the camera
  18.    #178  
    No problem on the questions. When it says save to card, it is saving it to SD Card. As for your vibrate being disabled, I have forwarded this to our support/development folks and will let you know when I hear anything.
    more crap. How long did GTI announce support for Palm OS before something was available? 2 years. BlackBerry is already shipping support for many handhelds in Europe and Asia. Not their fault carriers haven't released in the US.

RIM supports Domino, groupwise, IMAP and POP3...

if you want to compare functionality, BlackBerry wins hands down. You don't have carriers giving away your devices for free? what does RIM have to do with what carriers do? And the only carrier giving devices away for free is tmobile and it's because their network blows. And you give your own software away for free...what does thay tell us?

I'm curious...how many customers are using a GL server anyway? I've been unable to get this info from my reps. secret?

one thing I like about RIM making the device, device OS/software and server is that they are really able to take full advantage of the hardware they're running on. Their apps are completely integrated. Read posts on this forum for proof that GL is far from truely integrated with the host OS/software.

Jo..

No support for Notes:

I wish I knew. We hung our hats early on the larger install base. Sure, we lose/lost some potential deals because of it and we are now working on Notes support. Next year at the earliest.

I appreciate you comment regarding cost, however, I present how I see the differences as related to cost when cost is the only objective. If you compare functionality, ease of use, ease of management, ease of maintenance and pretty much everything else OUTSIDE of existing install base, GoodLink wins hands down. If you are looking at nothing but cost, period, we win, though much closer. We don't have carriers giving away our devices for free as loss leaders. We don't make announcements of products and wait close to a year to ship them. Look, if it weren't for RIM, I wouldn't have a job. Before the last year or so, there really wasn't an alternative to the functionality of BB. RIM was first to market and has been very successful. IMHO, their decision to try to be the end-all, be all as it relates to hardware, software and operating system is horribly flawed and we, along with others, are catching up and taking market share. Good has a huge 2.5 million subscriber hump to overcome, but if I get GoodLink into a BB shop for a true, unbiased, head-to-head bake off, I win 9.9 times out of ten, regardless of cost.
    Let's get a couple of things straight:

Wrong.

You may want to call RIM on this one. In order to upgrade the users/devices to 4.0, if the devices are not already 4.0, they have to be cradled. When 4.1 comes out, they will have to be cradled again. This comes directly from a RIMM conference call. Because their OS is the application. Just like you can't update PalmOS OTA because the OS is needed to perform the upgrade. I suggest you take a look at page 36 and 37 of the Blackberry Installation guide regarding upgrading the devices where is states:

"1. Connect the handheld to the administration computer on which the Handheld Configuration Tool is installed"
    or
    "The Application Loader requires a physical connection to the handheld"

So, the devices DO have to be cradled in order to upgrade to the latest version.

you're an *****. yes, you have to connect to upgrade the operating system but YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CRADLE WHEN THE BES IS UPGRADED. When I upgraded to version of 3 of a GL server, none of the damn devices worked - had to cradle!!!! My BB users continue to work - just obviously without 4.0 features. But I can upgrade them whenever they feel like cradling next.

I don't have to check with RIM - I've done this personally

GL only has OTA upgrades because it's just another application on the device. To upgrade device software/Os, of course they will have to cradle.

Wrong Again.

I suggest you check with users here on TreoCentral that have done over the air upgrades and provisioning with GoodLink before you presume to call me a liar. The desktop installer is completely optional and is available for folks that want to upgrade their client to 4.0 before their admins update their server. I can name countless customers that have done the upgrade without a single device being cradled.

I'm not presuming. You are either misinformed, or lying. A cradle is required to synch initially. either it's done by the admin at the server (requires sending device into IT) or it's done at the desktop. From then on, yes, all wireless (unless something goes wrong and needs to be re-provisioned.

Really? I suggest you visit http://www.blackberry.com/products/s.../upgrade.shtml amd review how every version prior to 4.0 required cradling for one thing or another. New installations, you are right, no cradling required. GoodLink doesn't require cradling either, for anything, including reprovisioning, and has synced everything from Exchange (email, contacts, calendar, notes and tasks) wirelessly for two versions now.

yes, PRIOR to 4.0 - which has been out for a year now. cradling is old news dude.

Only since v4.0 have you set this up because prior to 4.0, there was on Over the Air provisioning of devices. Secondly, using your own words, "certain sets of 3rd party apps"..GoodLink, ANY third party app can be pushed. GoodLink you remove/upgrade over the air as well.

Nope. All 3rd party apps can be pushed to a BB from the BES. This cannot be done on GL.

Hmmm...let's see I myself have displaced several. More?

http://www.good.com/index.php/pr_20030127.html
    http://www.blackberry.net/developers...=60&msRange=15

I am calling you a liar on this one. You have NOT switched 15 customers over. I can give references to accounts that I have personally switched out of BB. Can you do the same?

right back atchya:
    http://www.blackberry.com/news/press..._09_2003.shtml

You can keep your 45 lawfirms with minimal seats. BlackBerry is over 85% of AMLAW firms and 70% of AMLAW 200 firms. And this is from the AMLAW survey

Nope, they don't develop it, which is why WE support it and don't force users to call the carriers to get support. Oh, you can get Blackberry to support their stuff..if you pay for it. Thanks for making my point for me.

another false statement. BlackBerry 4.0 comes with free support (although it's only for 6 months, 9-5 m-f which sucks but when I do call, I get through. RIM has more tech support staff then GTI has employees.

I like the idea that my carriers support BlackBerry. I buy from them so I want to hold them to the fire when I need help. and I feel "good" that they think enough of BlackBerry to put skin in the game and support it

Wrong again...man, how many times is that?

ANY Blackberry device we will buy back, not just ones running GL. 7100 you hate? We will but it back. 72XX? Take that one too. Want to compare total pricing models? OK, let's do that. Let's take Sprint for example. Sprint data plan: $15/month, Sprint Blackberry Plan: $49.95 So, for 20 devices:

Not wrong. yo'ure an ***** again. I said the only BlackBerry device GL runs on are devices that aren't even made anymore.

GoodLink:
    GoodLink Licenses: $330 x 20 = $6600
    Data: $15 x 20 x 12 = $3600
    Total Cost: $10,200 or $42.50 per user per month

Blackberry:
    BES: $2,999
    20 Licenses: $1,398
    Support (12x5, BES): $625
    Support (12x5, devices) $300
    Data: $49.95 x 20 x 12 = $11,988
    Total: $17,310 or $72.13 per month

Let's look at year two:
    Numbers are the same for GoodLink (though a two year subscription is cheaper, we will leave it at a renewal from year-to-year:

$42.50 per month

Blackberry:

$12,913 or $53.80 per month per user

tell me where to get unlimited GL data for 15$ month. I've been paying waaaaay too much

it must be sad that nearly 3 million people chose to pay the higher cost of BB when GL is soooo inexpensive?

As for number of employees, unless RIM has over 500 people on their support desk, chalk one up in the wrong column again.

I don't know an exact number but I'm told that RIM has more people on their helpdesk than GTI has total employees. I can't confirm personally of course so I'll just leave it at that

Maybe because it is so simple that they don't NEED you to install it. Sorry we don't generate business for you. If you have issues with our reseller channel, let me know and I will have the Vice-President of Channels give you a call.

Sure it's easy to install - if the customer has 1 exchange server and 10 seats. If your'e installing against a domain with 150,000 users in it, nothing is that easy. don't kid yourself.

Most of my gigs are for Windows and Exchange migrations/upgrades/deployments. I just don't run into many organizations using GL. Definitely out there but in very small numbers

Then maybe you should get a cameraless device or a PocketPC device without a camera, since these all support GoodLink. True, the limited device selection of Blackberry doesn't have a camera model, but that seems to work for you. Battery life? Yup. You win on that one. Lower power processor, less functionality will allow for better battery life. Fair trade off.
    what devices can i buy and use GL on right now? a blackberry, a treo. what else really? and which one has true push, not sms push?? blackberry. RIM offers more devices than GL - it's a fact. EVERY carrier in north america, and most of the rest of the world.

You work for GTI so I'm not going to expect to win you over. I like the lively debate though. Thanks for that, and as another poster says...it is good to see a vendor rep be so responsive.