Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
    Thanks GoodGuy, but I was actually wondering if you could maybe pass along the request to the developers maybe for a future revision?

Any info about the first question? Turning off a reminder in the Calendar? I may not have been too clear. When I open a furture appointment in the Calendar app, it will show me that a reminder is set. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to turn off the reminder which would essentially be editing the appointment entry. This doesn't seem to be possible.

Thanks again.

Jeff
  2.    #142  
    Beavis..my fault. I misunderstood. You can edit the reminder if you created the appointment, but currently, you cannot disable the alert from your device if the appointment was set for you. You can edit it from Outlook and disable the alert, but not from your Treo. I will send the feature request off to our folks.
    I'm traveling to Europe (France) in about 3 weeks. Do you know, will Goodlink on my Treo 650 (unlocked, using Cingular SIM) work in France? I assume yes, but want to be sure before I go as I'll be leaving my laptop behind if so!

If so, do you know what rates I'll be getting? (Probably a question for another section of the forum, I'll ask there too, assuming you don't know off-hand).

Thanks!

(FYI - Everything on GoodLink is working great on my unlocked 650 now that I have the non-defective Cingular SIM. Love it.)
    Hey Goodguy,

Thx for the forum. I have been a Good user since the 600 came out with sprint in 2003. I always thought that there was not enough attention on treo central on Good for Good newbies or 'wanna be users', or a place to compare notes for regular users like myself, so I'm glad to see your here helping out. Good is an excellent product and the best part is the 'open ears' policy that good has to address issues and for new features. Here are some issues and feature requests. (sorry if they were addressed earlier in the thread but I did not see it).

-First initial last name search. We need it.
    [QUOTE=GoodGuy]Quote:
    What version are you running? If I am looking for "John Smith" and type "J S", it brings up a list of anyone with with the first name beginning with J and last name beginning with S

I am currently running 3.8.0.18 on my 650. What you said above "works", does not work with me when I go to contacts and hit first initial last initial. What version are you using.

Also (someone mentioned this earlier) after you leave a contact field and click done the contact screen does not bring you back to the search field. Instead it brings you back to the contact highlighted. You then have to hit done then after move to the clear button and clear it. YOu said that it brings you right back to the search field after you hit done and you can search again. That does not happen on my version. There should be a one step way to search a new number, Like a "search contact" button or something on the contact screen (rather then done clear). Don't take away the fact that the contact screen stays where it is after you dial because that is very helpful if you have to try that contact at an alternate number because it allows you to get right back to it.

A couple of feature requests
    FIrst in email - the little icon on top that shows you have a composed message that is not complete should be an icon accessible with the 4 way navi button (just like the voicemail icon is on the dial screen). It is just to hard to hit with the finger without it bringing the menu screens down instead.

Next is very useful and needed - after you sort email by sender there should be a way to go directly to a letter like 'g' for the emails from 'goodguy'. Instead if I try to jump to lets say 'd' for david it brings up the 'delete email?' screen instead. I now find myself doing a search instead but thats not as good. If I have a new email that let say has a hard name to spell (especially if their email is their first intial then their last name) then the search does not really help me. But if I can jump right to all the 'd' or 'j' and so on I can find it in a sec. The feature sould be on the screen at the bottom next to compose (at least if the sort field is set to sender)
    The same is needed in notes for it (notes) to be a useful feature. Other wise you have to just scroll till you get to the note you want, which is real annoying and unneccessary thing to have to do.

Next- The battery icon should also have the % indicator (if you tap it) just like on the treo main screen. It should also be accessible with the navi button. Also the time should be on the top of the email screen and not just on the home page (or at least it should be an option).

This one is a big one- On the release notes for the treo 650 (posted on the good/download site... see attached copy for reference) in the noted issues section for the GLC, the last 2 known issues mentioned are in regards to the unit being 'unresponsive'. This is a real annoying and disruptive problem. Any fixes yet?

This one may have been mentioned (sorry if so) - In calendar should be a screen which just lists all the upcoming appointments rather than just the next weeks worth. I may have a lot of appointments next week but one this week but I wont really see it listed at ONCE (with this weeks) or they may be a few scattered over several weeks. I should be able to see all appointsments in the future listed at once and it should have a scroll bar. Another example is someone may have a regular check up with a doctor in the future (months out) but not remember when since it was made at the last check up 6 months or a year ago. This would be an easy way to find it. There should also be a search window or field in the calendar menu as a last resort for finding something. This would be just like the treo 600 (dont know about the 650 since I loaded good back right away) palm calendar has on the far right screen on the bottom.

This one is critical- when the 650 resets (sometimes unknowingly and many times in general as the forums are stating) sometimes it goes back on by it self sometimes not. Either way though Good should automatically go back on when the device is turned back on. I should not have first "enable good" to use it. It should enable itself. Someone mentioned a free product called "auto-exec" to do this but good should do it.

Last for now is unread items. In the sort field should be a choice to sort by unread items. Sometimes you will open an email here or there and skip others till there is more time later. Those unread items can then go missed later on. Or if you are traveling and you are out of range (like on a plane) this would help you from missing unreads that got pushed off the screen by new unread emails. This is just a safe and a good way to not miss any unread emails. Just like in Outlook.

Thanks again for your time.
    Later.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by aacnyc; 03/01/2005 at 01:46 AM.
  5.    #145  
    [QUOTE=oenophile]I'm traveling to Europe (France) in about 3 weeks. Do you know, will Goodlink on my Treo 650 (unlocked, using Cingular SIM) work in France? I assume yes, but want to be sure before I go as I'll be leaving my laptop behind if so!

If so, do you know what rates I'll be getting? (Probably a question for another section of the forum, I'll ask there too, assuming you don't know off-hand).
    [QUOTE]

If you are running v4.0 on your 650 and Cingular has carrier agreements with a French carrier with coverage in the area you are in over there, you should have no problem. If you visit http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/index.shtml and look at Cingular's roaming partners, you will see they have agreements with several carriers there, the main on being Orange (which from looking at their coverage map has a huge coverage area). Make sure you hab=ve 4.0 and bon voyage.

Pricing, I have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    If you are running v4.0 on your 650 and Cingular has carrier agreements with a French carrier with coverage in the area you are in over there, you should have no problem. If you visit http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/index.shtml and look at Cingular's roaming partners, you will see they have agreements with several carriers there, the main on being Orange (which from looking at their coverage map has a huge coverage area). Make sure you have 4.0 and bon voyage.
    Pricing, I have no idea.
    GG - Thanks. Unfortunately I'm currently running 3.8. From your quote above, I take it that 3.8 won't work....but...hmmm...

Does it need 4.0 to be on the client-side, only? Or does it need 4.0 to be on the server-side too? (I think I remember reading that you can, in fact, install 4.0 on the client-side only even if your server is 3.8, correct?) If 4.0 needs to be on the client-side only, I assume I can simply go to the download page and download it and install with little hassle, correct?

If 4.0 needs to be on the server side, is there an easy way to convince a company with 500+ Goodlink users to upgrade to 4.0 in the next two weeks? I need to talk to my IT dept and, while they're terrific guys, I've a feeling they'll be reluctant to upgrade this soon after 4.0's release. (Being prudently cautious and all.)

Thanks, again, for your time.
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by aacnyc

-First initial last name search. We need it.
    Quote:
    What version are you running? If I am looking for "John Smith" and type "J S", it brings up a list of anyone with with the first name beginning with J and last name beginning with S
    I am currently running 3.8.0.18 on my 650. What you said above "works", does not work with me when I go to contacts and hit first initial last initial. What version are you using.
    I am on version 4.0. You can upgrade your client via the desktop installer if your IT department has not yet upgrade the GoodLink Server.

Also (someone mentioned this earlier) after you leave a contact field and click done the contact screen does not bring you back to the search field. Instead it brings you back to the contact highlighted. You then have to hit done then after move to the clear button and clear it. YOu said that it brings you right back to the search field after you hit done and you can search again. That does not happen on my version. There should be a one step way to search a new number, Like a "search contact" button or something on the contact screen (rather then done clear). Don't take away the fact that the contact screen stays where it is after you dial because that is very helpful if you have to try that contact at an alternate number because it allows you to get right back to it.
    Maybe I wasn't clear. After selecting a contact, when you go back to contacts, the one you chose is highlighted. You can then either tap the search field OR hit "T" then up click with the navigational key. This will highlight all the the text in the search field in yellow and you can either backspace to clear it or start typing a new name and it will clear it. I agree, an option to either default to the search field or the last chosen contact. This is how I worded the request.
    A couple of feature requests
    FIrst in email - the little icon on top that shows you have a composed message that is not complete should be an icon accessible with the 4 way navi button (just like the voicemail icon is on the dial screen). It is just to hard to hit with the finger without it bringing the menu screens down instead.
    Good idea. Will add that to my request list.

Next is very useful and needed - after you sort email by sender there should be a way to go directly to a letter like 'g' for the emails from 'goodguy'. Instead if I try to jump to lets say 'd' for david it brings up the 'delete email?' screen instead. I now find myself doing a search instead but thats not as good. If I have a new email that let say has a hard name to spell (especially if their email is their first intial then their last name) then the search does not really help me. But if I can jump right to all the 'd' or 'j' and so on I can find it in a sec. The feature sould be on the screen at the bottom next to compose (at least if the sort field is set to sender)
    The same is needed in notes for it (notes) to be a useful feature. Other wise you have to just scroll till you get to the note you want, which is real annoying and unneccessary thing to have to do.
    Interesting idea. Problem there is we have mapped short-cut keys in the email such as "D" for delete, "R" for reply, "F" for forward, etc. Maybe refining the find option is something they can look at.

Next- The battery icon should also have the % indicator (if you tap it) just like on the treo main screen. It should also be accessible with the navi button. Also the time should be on the top of the email screen and not just on the home page (or at least it should be an option).
    I have often wondered about the battery indicator myself. Will forward this one on. The clock also. Added to the list.
    This one is a big one- On the release notes for the treo 650 (posted on the good/download site... see attached copy for reference) in the noted issues section for the GLC, the last 2 known issues mentioned are in regards to the unit being 'unresponsive'. This is a real annoying and disruptive problem. Any fixes yet?
    Honestly don't know. Based on the date of those Release Notes (2/23/05), I tend to think it is still an issues that we are working on.

This one may have been mentioned (sorry if so) - In calendar should be a screen which just lists all the upcoming appointments rather than just the next weeks worth. I may have a lot of appointments next week but one this week but I wont really see it listed at ONCE (with this weeks) or they may be a few scattered over several weeks. I should be able to see all appointsments in the future listed at once and it should have a scroll bar. Another example is someone may have a regular check up with a doctor in the future (months out) but not remember when since it was made at the last check up 6 months or a year ago. This would be an easy way to find it. There should also be a search window or field in the calendar menu as a last resort for finding something. This would be just like the treo 600 (dont know about the 650 since I loaded good back right away) palm calendar has on the far right screen on the bottom.
    Calendar search would be nice, wouldn't it. Added to the list. As for all appointments, this may be a bit tougher. The agenda view does this, but may be able to be expanded. Added to the list.

This one is critical- when the 650 resets (sometimes unknowingly and many times in general as the forums are stating) sometimes it goes back on by it self sometimes not. Either way though Good should automatically go back on when the device is turned back on. I should not have first "enable good" to use it. It should enable itself. Someone mentioned a free product called "auto-exec" to do this but good should do it.
    Yup. Added.
    Last for now is unread items. In the sort field should be a choice to sort by unread items. Sometimes you will open an email here or there and skip others till there is more time later. Those unread items can then go missed later on. Or if you are traveling and you are out of range (like on a plane) this would help you from missing unreads that got pushed off the screen by new unread emails. This is just a safe and a good way to not miss any unread emails. Just like in Outlook.
    Wow, you get a lot of email to push 'em off! Added.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by oenophile
    GG - Thanks. Unfortunately I'm currently running 3.8. From your quote above, I take it that 3.8 won't work....but...hmmm...

Does it need 4.0 to be on the client-side, only? Or does it need 4.0 to be on the server-side too? (I think I remember reading that you can, in fact, install 4.0 on the client-side only even if your server is 3.8, correct?) If 4.0 needs to be on the client-side only, I assume I can simply go to the download page and download it and install with little hassle, correct?

If 4.0 needs to be on the server side, is there an easy way to convince a company with 500+ Goodlink users to upgrade to 4.0 in the next two weeks? I need to talk to my IT dept and, while they're terrific guys, I've a feeling they'll be reluctant to upgrade this soon after 4.0's release. (Being prudently cautious and all.)

Thanks, again, for your time.
    Nope, server side upgrade is not required. You can download the upgrade from the website and upgrade. Download the desktop installer, cradle and upgrade your device and you are up and running on the newest, latest version even if your server is still running 3.7.

As for your IT guys reluctance to upgrade, that is completely understandable (thank you, Microsoft), however, I am not getting any reports from my customers of problems. That isn't to say there haven't been any, I just haven't heard any.
    Is there a way to use Goodlink and Agendus together?
  10.    #150  
    GL..

I got your PM and I am checking into it. From looking at the Agendus webpage, my guy feeling is no since, from looking at the docs for Agendus, it uses the Palm native data files for their apps. We disable the Palm Native applications. I will see if I can get a definite answer
    GoodGuy, our GoodLink Server is 3.8 currently. I'm downloading 4.0 now, what's the upgrade take? Is it tough? Do I need to reboot the server? Will my users have to do anything once the update is complete to get mail flowing again? Just curious what to expect! Thanks!
  12.    #152  
    iJay..

check http://good.com.cnchost.com/glsoftwa..._7_Upgrade.pdf for information regarding the upgrade.

As for your users, they won't notice anything until you push 4.0 out to thier devices. There will be down time of them getting email while you set it up, but once you restart, everything will be fine.
    Thanks for the quick reply...and you obviously caught my error we are on 3.7.18 on the server, the Treo 650's are on 3.8 client version, sorry for that!!! Anyway it appears we don't need a reboot of the server according to the documentation, is that consistent with what you have seen? Thanks!
  14.    #154  
    iJay..

Yup. Pretty seamless upgrade.
    Good Guy

Thx for passing on the requests.

Nope, server side upgrade is not required. You can download the upgrade from the website and upgrade. Download the desktop installer, cradle and upgrade your device and you are up and running on the newest, latest version even if your server is still running 3.7.
    I would like to upgrade my handheld to 4.0 and not my server as you said is ok above. Can I do it using the IR port if I dont have my cable with me?
    Hi there...

I love GL, but there is something that would make it much better, and hopefully wouldn't be too hard to implement.

On our old G100 devices, you could just set the LED to blink when a new message was received, rather than chiming or vibrating. Most of our users don't like to use the vibrate/tone features, so the only way to tell if you have a new message is to turn on the display and check the inbox.

It would be great if you have the light blink a different color when there is a new message, maybe alternating green and orange or something. There are programs that can control the LED, so I'm optimistically thinking this can't be too difficult to do.

Thanks!!

-Jeffrey
    Until that feature is implemented, you can use Butler to make the LED blink (plus many, many more useful things). See details at http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/Butler_more.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Until that feature is implemented, you can use Butler to make the LED blink (plus many, many more useful things). See details at http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/Butler_more.htm
    I've been using Butler to blink the LED when a new message is received. The only problem is that you need to keep the pop-up alert on in in GoodLink in order for Butler to know when to blink the LED. That causes the screen to turn on as well. It would be great if blinking the LED without waking the screen could be built natively into GoodLink.
    Good point - hadn't thought of that. I haven't tried this, but I assume the alert stays on indefinitely? It seems on the rare occasion I haven't ack'd the alert right away, TreoGuard eventually kicked in and turned the screen off again. May be a faulty memory though.

I assume that unchecking the Show Reminder Dialog in GoodLink Notification Prefs doesn't raise any alert that Butler could trap. Is that true?

Thought I was onto a workaround for you, but perhaps not.
    Happened to test it this morning. TreoGuard did kick in and turn off the screen. I assume it would also happen with the normal Prefs->Power setting
Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast