Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162
Results 1,221 to 1,232 of 1232
    Quote Originally Posted by A@ron
    Thanks! I'm at software version 4.5 so I will have to update. Do the IT people update it or is there a way for an end user to do an OTA update?
    In most cases IT must go into the admin website and pushes it out from there (and then the end user gets a notification and clicks ok for the OTA update)
  2.    #1222  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Is there any way to have my goodlink calendar info automatically added to the built-in Treo calendar. I would love a little treo-based app to handle this.
    GoodLink uses it's own calendar app and it can't be integrated with the Palm native app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo_108
    You cannot be serious! This was a feature available on Palm devices 8 years ago with 1/100th the power of what we use today. GoodLink can't put out a patch or a new version with a simple Find or Search feature? Did they forget? There wasn't enough memory for the search function? The didn't think anyone would need to look through their Notes? I'm flumixed!

You must be new to Goodlink. Be patient, you will discover any number of incredible gaps. It is not a great product, but for now it is the only product that seems to be endorsed by corporate IT types in many cases.
    Is there any way to schedule times when the GoodLink application should be "off" and not synchronizing?

Because of the heavy battery usage, I want to to have GoodLink shut down at night (i.e. 11pm to 6am) while still keeping my phone on. I want to be able to receive urgent phone calls in the middle of the night, but I don't want to be bothered by emails.

I have found plenty of applications that will shut off my entire phone during specific times, but I haven't found anything that will only shut off GoodLink. Is this possible? If not, has this been requested as an enhancement? Thanks!
  5.    #1225  
    Quote Originally Posted by luckee37
    Is there any way to schedule times when the GoodLink application should be "off" and not synchronizing?

Because of the heavy battery usage, I want to to have GoodLink shut down at night (i.e. 11pm to 6am) while still keeping my phone on. I want to be able to receive urgent phone calls in the middle of the night, but I don't want to be bothered by emails.

I have found plenty of applications that will shut off my entire phone during specific times, but I haven't found anything that will only shut off GoodLink. Is this possible? If not, has this been requested as an enhancement? Thanks!
    We are looking at having scheduled sync in a very near future release. However, a workaround is to work offline. Then hit 'S' to send and receive.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    We are looking at having scheduled sync in a very near future release. However, a workaround is to work offline. Then hit 'S' to send and receive.
    yes, I was just playing with the new offline feature and its pretty nice if you want to have complete control over when Good is syncing (in which case just leave it in offline and hit S when you want to sync) or if you just want it to be offline at night, then you just remember to select Option/offline in the evening (it doesnt look like they made a menu shortcut to toggle though?)..the scheduled sync will be another nice addition when it comes out.
    Hi - I have been using Goodlink for many months with no problem. Recently, I did an OTA upgrade to 4.5 and have had fatal errors ever since. Here is the what the error message says:

C:\build\release\maxwell\4_5_0\build_65\client_server_all\gx\system\src\palm\gxdevicepalm.cpp:238GX_ ASSERT in ffs2.cpp @ 1434

with the last four numbers changing each time it freezes and shows an error message.

I have gone to the Goodlink website to no avail. Has anyone else seen this error? It usually happens when the Goodlink software tries to connect. I've done a hard reset and tried to re-install but still get the error. Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks.
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
  8.    #1228  
    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn14
    Hi - I have been using Goodlink for many months with no problem. Recently, I did an OTA upgrade to 4.5 and have had fatal errors ever since. Here is the what the error message says:

C:\build\release\maxwell\4_5_0\build_65\client_server_all\gx\system\src\palm\gxdevicepalm.cpp:238GX_ ASSERT in ffs2.cpp @ 1434

with the last four numbers changing each time it freezes and shows an error message.

I have gone to the Goodlink website to no avail. Has anyone else seen this error? It usually happens when the Goodlink software tries to connect. I've done a hard reset and tried to re-install but still get the error. Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks.
    Have you tried reprovisioning your phone?
  9.    #1229  
    I just found something out that may have or not have been in the last release of GoodLink that I was hoping to verify with some people. I know one of the knocks people had with GL was being able to SMS. I was messing around with 4.7 and there were two things that I am not sure were in 4.5 since I don't SMS that much. If you go to the messaging app on the Palm the drop down the "To:" field, and go to "Lookup in Contacts", it is now linked to the Good Contacts. If there is a cell phone number listed, it will autopopulate the to: field in the SMS app. Also, if you are in the GL contacts and the contact has a cell phone number listed, there is a menu option for "Compose SMS". This is bad, but was this the same in 4.5? Again, I never use SMS, so I never really paid attention to it. Can someone running 4.5 verify if this is the same in 4.5?
    GG - it was that way in 4.0 as well (what I'm running). Those are examples of the nice integration of Good Contacts with other apps.

I suspect there are different revs of the APIs involved because there are other examples of missing integration. E.g. Create a new email in VersaMail and try to do a name lookup. Instead of going to Good Contacts, you get a message saying "To perform a Phone Lookup go to GoodLink contacts."

In both of these cases, it's reading contact info. What would be much nicer is if Good Contacts could intercept calls to write into the Contacts db. Then any app which might add to the contacts db could update the Good Contacts db. As it is now, I have a couple of contacts in the Palm contacts db just to support certain apps like VM.
  11.    #1231  
    Thanks, Tom!
  12.    #1232  
    Being that we have a new forum for GoodLink questions, I am going to close this thread. I will be pulling information from this thread and post as stickies. If there is a question in this thread that I did not get to, please repost it as it's own thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by GoodGuy; 04/08/2008 at 01:23 PM.